Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What A Way To Die!

Old 12-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What A Way To Die!

Thats a shame, I actually stumbled onto a 4ptr this summer that had caught his foot just like above, cut him free, it was kind of rewarding to save one for once, lol.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Fork Horn

was going to put fake untill i seen the next pic. must be crazy to stumble apon stuff like that.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: whitetail_fanatic

Thats a shame, I actually stumbled onto a 4ptr this summer that had caught his foot just like above, cut him free, it was kind of rewarding to save one for once, lol.
Last year we had a really nice 10 point get his antlers twisted up in a strand of barb wire...not sure exactly how he did it...must have been hooking the fence or something. Anyway, he had the barb wire broken on one end and the other end was still connected to the fence but he had pulled it free from 4 or 5 posts. I don't know how long he was caught up but it must not have been too long because he still had plenty of "spunk". Well I got as close as I dared and cut the wire and he took off like a scalded ape! after that I was hunting him because I thought it would make a fine mount with that wire twisted on his horns but I never saw him again.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have saw a buck caught like that but have saw does and it is pitiful
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

See the two elk wound up in wire? Found dead in Montana a couple weeks ago. Fought through a fence and tied themselves together. Grim!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM

On my way to work about 15 years ago, {I worked and lived in Northern Idaho by the way} I saw something not alot of people have seen.Two really big trophy deer locked up in the middle of a feild. Icalled the dec to come help get them apart, they looked like they had been there all night from the looks of the ground all around them, now the cool part to this whole story is one was a monster white tail and the other was a monster mule deer, wished I would of had a camera that day. Now I always carry one.....
Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Faces of Death.......its nature
Old 12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet the buck in the tree was still a live when the yotes arrived.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM

jeez i have never heard of that before i saw this that is a bummer nice bucks too. that would suck to die like that
Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now close your eyes..imagine yourself deep in the woods andfalling out of your stand...if theres no one around ...do you make a sound????? OH DEER !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.