Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling >

Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

I understand what you are saying but it's one thing to make an off hand comment like those you site about dove hunting and quite another to vote with the anti's for a ban. I don't care for so called canned hunts but I would never vote to make it illegal anymore than I'd vote to make it illegal for a farmer to slaughter a hog. But I will reserve the right to say that I don't consider it hunting. Believe it or not there is a middle ground on many issues. You don't have to either worship and kiss Ted Nugents @$$ or join the anti's. There is a long wide middle ground on that one.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

very few people are willing to keep hunting rights in the news as ted is
Like I asked now twice how does he do this or what is he doing to preserve my rights as a hunter?
I agree with some that Ted's antics can be a bit much at times. Idefinately disagree with high fence hunting to the core, but like it of not ole Teddy has done a whole heck of lot more for the sport of hunting than anyone on this website, including you Charlie P. Check out his website http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/biography/ . He's on the Board of Directors for the NRA, started Ted N's United Sportsmen of America and Ted N's Kamp for Kids to name a few. To say he has done nothing for your hunting rights is laughable. A better question is who has done more for your hunting rights than Ted? Not many. If any.
He's been on Glenn Beck, Fox News and The Big Idea with Donnie Dutch(spelling?) speaking a pretty good case for hunting and YOUR gun rights. Can't think of anyone else doing this(going main stream) with their message about hunting and gun rights.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Introc, I have been to his site,many times. talked with people that started USOA with him that he screwed, kamp for kids, is he still charging them to store equipment? At one time I thought Ted was good for hunting then I really started looking into things people were saying that knew him. You want to get banned or totally attacked on Ted's site ask a few tough questions of uncle Ted.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

To say he has done nothing for your hunting rights is laughable.
I repeat, if Ted Nugent had never been born it wouldn't affect my ability to hunt or own a firearm one bit. Some of you worshipers act like there was no hunting or gun ownership until Ted kicked down the door to congress with a guitar under one arm, an American flag in his other hand and kicked their asses til they coughed up the freedoms we now possess. That is what's laughable. Stop drinking the wango tango kool-aide. Everything Ted has done post rock star days,the primary purpose behind it has been the self promotion of Ted and keeping his enormous ego in some kind of spotlight. Now that his guitar can't keep him in the limelight he has decided to palm himself off as the great American hero.

A better question is who has done more for your hunting rights than Ted?
And an even better question stillis "what are you smoking and is it laced with something?" LOL!! Ted has done nothing of any benefit to me. And giving him credit for "doing more than anybody" would be like like me driving my truck out west to the great divide and loudly proclaiming that I had discovered the Rocky Mountains. You all owe me for discovering them. Thank God I found them. I have now done more for the westward expansion of our nation than anyone else thanks to my discovery. LOL!!!! See how ridiculous that would seem. Same deal with you trying to give Ted credit for things that other people have already done. Ted is a poser late to the show but trying to take credit for the whole dance.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Adultry and underage girls where "how it was"? To a man who claim's true family values?
And the adutry was in the 90's.

I agree on the avoiding the miliyary to stay out of Nam - but most who did do not now lay claim to being America's super patriot.
Or act like the only thing keeping them from going to war now is there age
Yes, under age girls, Rock singer, groupies, It happens. Should he have checked their I.D.? Back then it wasn't that uncommon for an 18 year old to date a 16 year old. Now he would be put in Jail. Just a change of the times. Adutry, that's he own problem, happens all the time. Avoiding the war I had my draft card back then and was scared of going to Nam, I never got called. Now you have a choice, ( no draft). One thing about Ted, He never did drugs, which is a big plus back then. He is a nut case and like most hunting show super stars, hunt where they can shoot Deer on film. and if there is any money in for them they are gonna take it. I don't watch his shows either, but that's eveyones choice. But with all the complaining about his shows some of you are watching. No matter what we think of ole Ted, he aint going away, so deal with it and move on.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Todd, until you sell the farm, quit your job and move to DC to lobby full time, you are stuck with people who either make money supporting hunting or have a ton of money they want to throw into the fight. (Ted actually fits both bills.) Regarding healthcare, you have obviously never read the bills that went through the House and Senate in the last couple of years. These psycho wackjobs have definitely impacted healthcare of the future. I like Ted Nuggent. I think he is ENTERTAINING. He is not a biologist or conservation expert. He is not Fred Bear or Teddy Roosevelt. What he is, is a voice that opens the door. Hopefully, you and the rest of us will be there to step in once it is open and say "alright, this is what REALLY needs to be done...". I think I have watched his show a whopping two times. Trust me, there is a huge list of people (some who are on this forum) that I would pick to replace him if they could get the door open.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

To say he has done nothing for your hunting rights is laughable.
I repeat, if Ted Nugent had never been born it wouldn't affect my ability to hunt or own a firearm one bit. Some of you worshipers act like there was no hunting or gun ownership until Ted kicked down the door to congress with a guitar under one arm, an American flag in his other hand and kicked their asses til they coughed up the freedoms we now possess. That is what's laughable. Stop drinking the wango tango kool-aide. Everything Ted has done post rock star days,the primary purpose behind it has been the self promotion of Ted and keeping his enormous ego in some kind of spotlight. Now that his guitar can't keep him in the limelight he has decided to palm himself off as the great American hero.

A better question is who has done more for your hunting rights than Ted?
And an even better question stillis "what are you smoking and is it laced with something?" LOL!! Ted has done nothing of any benefit to me. And giving him credit for "doing more than anybody" would be like like me driving my truck out west to the great divide and loudly proclaiming that I had discovered the Rocky Mountains. You all owe me for discovering them. Thank God I found them. I have now done more for the westward expansion of our nation than anyone else thanks to my discovery. LOL!!!! See how ridiculous that would seem. Same deal with you trying to give Ted credit for things that other people have already done. Ted is a poser late to the show but trying to take credit for the whole dance.

Why is it people keep accusing me of smoking something? J/K

Your right, ole Teddy isn't the one that has giving you your hunting rights and I didn't say that he did but apparently thats how you took it. What I probably should have said is "whos has done more for you to keep your hunting rights". IMO by him stepping up to the plate and throwing himself to the wolves so to speak by going on talk shows and sticking up for hunting in a world and media overrun with animal loving, tree hugging, hunter hating PETA freaks is doing a whole heck of lot more than anyone else is doing right now. By him getting his voice out there is really all he can do(which probably has a lot more effect that you would think)which I don't see anyone else doing. I'm not a Tedworshiper by any means but I'm not gonna knock him for doing what he's doing. Besides Carlton Hetson I honestly can't think of another person doing more. In this politically correct world he is definately going against the grain. I give him credit for that.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:53 PM

im not a ted worshiper but i dont hate him even tho his ego is a liittle big
Old 12-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like his music, but don't watch his show.

Fun thread though, please continue.

Quick Reply: Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.