Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling >

Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

I think those who try to run Ted down and say crude things about him only succeed in diminishing themselves in the eyes of others. I’d bet he’s a whole lot smarter than to stoop to their level.
lol, come on you serious. I really am laughing out loud at that one Minn Finn.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 AM

I bet Charles Heston and Tom Selleck do more for hunting and gun rights than Ted really does, they just don't see the need to claim a bunch of fame for it.

Someone mentioned Jeff Foxworthy earlier. I would much rather have Jeff as a spokesman than Ted. At least he can carry on an intelligent, lucid conversation with someone. Not that Ted is stupid, sometimes he is very convincing and comes off pretty smart. The problem is he is not that lucid and you never know what you will get.

As far as our hunting rights go, if you guys really think Ted or the Anti's have that much to do with your hunting rights you are pretty out of touch with how modern politics work. Nobody cares what someones opinions are, or how just their cause is. They care about how much money they can make or lose on something.

Case in point, I read earlier this week that incandescent light bulbs will be outlawed by 2012. I mean you can still use them, but they will not be produced. Everyone will need to switch to the fluorescent type bulbs which are way more expensive. Even though they have mercury in them. With no concern the for the jobs that will be lost because plants will most likely close that make regular light bulbs. Will they shift production in the current plant to make the new light bulbs? I highly doubt it, they will be made in Mexico, India or China most likely.

In the meantime Cigarettes are still legal, they just put a little warning on the side of them and tax the crap out of them. Makes perfect sense to me. I have to get a new TV because stations are being forced to go digital and need to buy all new light bulbs for my house to save electricity and the ozone layer. But sucking poison directly into my lungs on purpose is perfectly fine.

Why do you suppose this is? It is because they are MAKING MONEY off from them!

And the government makes a ton of money off from hunting and other shooting sports. So until someone finds a way to replace that income revenue and finds a better way to control animal population I don't think hunting rights will be taken away. They may get more expensive though.

Gun Rights are another issue though.

And on a side note, as far as Ted lobbying for gun and hunting rights. If normal people like us, that can actually identify with Ted and like his music (to some degree) think he is a bit nuts and over the top what do you think those tight ass congressmen and congresswomen think about him? And how much do you really think they care about his opinion? I would bet it is very proportionate to the amount of money he donated to their campaign.

Paul
Old 12-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Paul very good post.

He's not afraid to get in the face the "antis" and challenge their ill-conceived ideas about hunting (or stopping it).
I'm sure getting in someone face really impresses the non hunters that see it.[:'(]
Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Case in point, I read earlier this week that incandescent light bulbs will be outlawed by 2012. I mean you can still use them, but they will not be produced. Everyone will need to switch to the fluorescent type bulbs which are way more expensive. Even though they have mercury in them.
You can buy the LED lightbulbs instead. They last much longer than fluorescents and use way less electricity. They are still pretty expensive, but even so, pay for themselves quickly. I don't have them all over the house, but I started by putting them in the lights I use most.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Is there any difference between Ted and Keith Warren. Not to much! Ted just talks a good game!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

what you got to realize is he owns a outfitter ranch and has hunters pay him thousands to kill a deer that is 6 years old so if he kills a trophy buck it cost him thousand and when your running an outfitter it does not just cost you one hunt but everyone that guy is going to tell
it is all about the money
ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I like Uncle Ted but who does he think he's fooling. Just saw his show, shoots a small buck, like always and tries to tell me he's and old mature deer and needs to be culled anyway. Ya right ! I live here in Texas and shoot Hill country deer all the time, this is where he does most of his hunting too, like the YO ranch which is right in the area I hunt also. Those little bucks he claims to be 6 years old are not a day over 3.
Please Ted just tell it like it is, you shoot a young deer and thats ok, whatever makes you happy, just dont try to pull the wool over my eyes.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SHED HUNTER 365

He shouldn't have lied, but we all are human. How about the Camp for Kids or Freedom for the troops. I think he does quit a bit.
Right on! Ted does alot for our younger generation and our countries heroes. Maybe in the heat of the moment he didnt realy take in to consideration what he was saying.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I like Uncle Ted but who does he think he's fooling. Just saw his show, shoots a small buck, like always and tries to tell me he's and old mature deer and needs to be culled anyway. Ya right ! I live here in Texas and shoot Hill country deer all the time, this is where he does most of his hunting too, like the YO ranch which is right in the area I hunt also. Those little bucks he claims to be 6 years old are not a day over 3.
Please Ted just tell it like it is, you shoot a young deer and thats ok, whatever makes you happy, just dont try to pull the wool over my eyes.
Ted doesn't actually hunt, he just has 30 minute infomertials with 8 minutes of guitar licks and 400 commercials for bow and arrows.

That's why I quit watching his program and droped out of his web site - chat room etc.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

One of the funniest shows I've seen that Nugent had was a couple of years ago. He was "stalking" wild hogs with a bow. When he got in range and made the shot you could see the legs of the feeder in the picture, but the build-up of the "stalk" was laughable.

Quick Reply: Ted Nugent, who do you think your fooling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.