Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

LOUSY CANADIAN OUTFITTER

Old 12-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LOUSY CANADIAN OUTFITTER

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I would expect them to realize they're going on a hunt, not a shoot. That and realize that no matter how good the outfitter is, even Jim Shockey, they may not see a big buck or get an opportunity to shoot something.

Pretty simple.
if it is THAT "simple" thenexplain it tothe poor guy who started this thread ..Im sure after getting ripped off for $5800 he would agree with you ......

dd
Old 12-08-2007, 09:13 PM

Like I said earlier, I only heard one side of the story....so I can't make a call. Besides, I'm not talking about this case in particular.

As for getting ripped off....sure, there are bad outfitters....just like there are bad motorcycle salesmen. But there are a lot more good ones than bad.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 PM

Hey brother DD, you never answered me....where you going in SK? You can PM me if you like.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

your first mistake was going to the hudson bay area
Old 12-09-2007, 01:55 PM

Hudson Bay, SK has some great deer hunting.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: saulthunter

That was my very first thought!!!!

And DD a 145" buck in Canada is a dink??? LMAO,, I know of a dozen or more very good deer hunters,, all hunting for 20+ years,, hunting good properties.. I know of 3 bucks that this bunch has taken over 145"!!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not all of canada is loaded with monsters around every tree, i would compare mush to be like the UP of michigan....you put enough time in an area where there are any deer and there are some nice ones. Still it sucks that there are so called outfitters overcharging due to the big buck craze.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampTHING

ORIGINAL: saulthunter

That was my very first thought!!!!

And DD a 145" buck in Canada is a dink??? LMAO,, I know of a dozen or more very good deer hunters,, all hunting for 20+ years,, hunting good properties.. I know of 3 bucks that this bunch has taken over 145"!!
Swap my point is if all your expectation was is to shoot a 140 or 150 class buck why pay 3 to $7000 to go to Canada ...you can have a reasonable chance at a buck like that in a number of states for a LOT less money ...

dd
Old 12-09-2007, 06:11 PM

So Doc.....you call an outfitter up, tell him that if you don't pull the trigger you get you hunt for 1/2 price next year. Then you tell him....BTW 140-150 class deer is a dink, I better have a chance at a booner......or else.

Are youserious? Do you really expect to see a 160" class buck on every outfitted hunt to Canada? That, my friend, is unreasonable expectations.

Oh yeah, one more time, who are you hunting with in Saskatchewan?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Who was the outfitter - I don't want to make the same mistake

Quick Reply: LOUSY CANADIAN OUTFITTER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.