Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Going" in the woods

Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "Going" in the woods

No problem at all with either #1 or #2. Once in the stand I feel it is important to stay there and not risk fouling the area with scent and disturbing the quiet by climbing out of the stand. Just let it go...naturally. If you have scent lock it will keep the odors right inside where they won't bother the deer. A good laundry session at the end of the day and you are good to go for the next "movement". Long walks out, however, can result in a severe case of baboon azz.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Spike

so wait a second...you piss and sh-t in your pants? ...sorry but i highly doubt any scent-lock junk is gonna keep the smell of a freshly squeezed duece locked up for very long..

...IMO
Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

You whip it out and piss. If you have to do number two get out of your stand and drop one off. I've had deer come up to both of mine and smell and then just wonder off. Unless they see you doing your business they don't know what it is.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: itsbreck

so wait a second...you piss and sh-t in your pants? ...sorry but i highly doubt any scent-lock junk is gonna keep the smell of a freshly squeezed duece locked up for very long..

...IMO
Yup you got it right. On the really cold days it helps to keep you warm. kind of like a heating pack right inside the outfit.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Pee is actually attractive to them, so is poo for some reason I have yet to fathom. Stop worrying about it, your breath will spook them a lot sooner than... well, you know. The biggest problem I've ever thought about in this area was what to do with the used Charmin.
PLEASE don't squeeze the charmin.

Canadian actor, Mr. Whipple the Charmin guy, dies in L.A.
'One of the most recognizable faces in the history of American advertising'[/align][/align]

[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]Actor Dick wilson[/align][/align][/align][/align]Article tools[/align]

[/align][/align]The raised-in-Canada character actor who played Mr. Whipple, the fussy grocer who chided customers with the line “Please don’t squeeze the Charmin” has died in Los Angeles.
Dick Wilson was 91. Among the most disparaged campaigns in TV advertising history, the Mr. Whipple ads for Charmin toilet paper were also wildly successful. In the television commercials, which ran from 1964 to 1985, the punchline was that Mr. Whipple himself hugged a package of the toilet paper on the sly, unable to resist its pliable softness.
Mr. Wilson portrayed Mr. Whipple in more than 500 commercials for the toilet paper. In a statement, Dennis Legault, brand manager for Charmin, called the Mr. Whipple character “one of the most recognizable faces in the history of American advertising.”
Mr. Wilson was so well-known as Mr. Whipple that he ranked as the third-most-recognized American in a 1978 newspaper poll, behind former President Richard Nixon and evangelist Billy Graham.

But seriously folks, if deer feared every pike of predator poop in the woods, they would have no where to go. I try to time my movements when deer are not having theirs. I will pee right out of my stand all day. yesterday I peed right where i was sitting and shot a deer 20 minutes later. of course he was downwind of me so it wasn't an issue, but i quit carrying a piss bottle years ago. i think nothing of fresheing a scrape with my own brand. A couple weeks ago I made a rub on a tree and came back 2 days later and a buck had torn up the whole area. He must have ben very angry. I made a mock scrape and rub and peed in it.
[/align][/align]
Old 12-07-2007, 06:32 PM

I think we have overemphasized the fact that going in the woods is okay...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

...IMO
Yup you got it right. On the really cold days it helps to keep you warm. kind of like a heating pack right inside the outfit.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM

ive tested this and honestly what ive seen is that it doesent scare the deer like everyone makes it sound... but if they come right up on it and shove there nose into it then it might spook them to a point but they wont completly leave most of the time.... i say just do something simple like take a bottle or honestly just not even worry about it.... especially if your gun hunting
Old 12-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JayDeavor

What I did was I went to Wal-Mart and bought a good size funnel and tie strapped it to my stand.. I dug a hole about 1 to 1 1/2 foot deep holesomewhere under the tree stand and took an automotive hose clamp and clamped the hose to the funnel and tie strapped it to the ladder of the stand and ran it down into the hole I dug.. Then I took some rocks and placed them all around the garden hose in the holeso the dirt wouldn't clog up the end of the hose and enough rock so everything would flow threw the groundand then I filled the hole back in with the dirt... Works very well when you have to go pee but it would be very hard to get the others to fit threw that little hole... Cheap and a Very good idea to keep the scent out of the air...
[/align] Hope this help you and others;
[/align] Jay
[/align]
Are you serious?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

...IMO
Keep the heater on low for the ride home.

Quick Reply: "Going" in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.