Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

brain shot

Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default brain shot

why do brain shots on deer erk most people but a brain shot on a pig, rabbitt, squirrell, coon , fox, coyote, etc etc,wont even get a rise out of people. Brain shots seem to be the norm on pigs. Say that about a deer and people will beat you down with comments.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: brain shot

Thats because 90% of the hunters on hear are what I like to call "silver spoon hunters" They hunt prime private land and the deer they kill are about as smart as a possum in the middle of the road at 2:00am... They kill a couple big bucks and it goes to there heads and they get the hollier than thow syndrome...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:11 PM

I think alot of people view a head shot on deer as a "risky" shot, lots of stories of bad shots and blown up jaws that cause a deer to run off and starve to death. Deer are typically revered and it bugs a hunter to wound one and not find it, if you can confidently make a head shot do it, it's your call. Pigs on the other hand, well they are pigs. Nuisance animals that don't get much respect. JMHO
Old 12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jkelly pretty much summed it up.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 PM

I have no problem whatsoever with a brain shot on a deer, not much different than a spine shot but you had better be 100% accurate everytime you take that shot to the brain because causing any animal to starve to death because your dumb*** tried to be a sharpshooter is morally and ethically WRONG! And when i say any animal i mean any animal, not just prized game such as bear, elk, deer etc. I understand things happen but i'm going to be more sympathetic had you been trying a safer shot than a shot to the brain.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Thats because 90% of the hunters on hear are what I like to call "silver spoon hunters" They hunt prime private land and the deer they kill are about as smart as a possum in the middle of the road at 2:00am... They kill a couple big bucks and it goes to there heads and they get the hollier than thow syndrome...
What the heck does that have to do with the question? Just because people like me hunt on private land doesn't mean we're silver spoon hunters. The deer on my land are very challenging to take because you are in their natural habitat, and they will notice anything that is out of the ordinary to them. That was an ignorant comment, but it's just my opinion.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: walker12

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

What the heck does that have to do with the question? Just because people like me hunt on private land doesn't mean we're silver spoon hunters. The deer on my land are very challenging to take because you are in their natural habitat, and they will notice anything that is out of the ordinary to them. That was an ignorant comment, but it's just my opinion.
I agree!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 AM

it will probably leave a pretty nasty aftermath,unless its to finish the deer off with a .22...a brain shot in my opinion is a bad shot.only pochers need brain shots. green,red,yellow,blueor silver spoon,who give's a $hit if it's private property it's not going to make the challenge any easier.deer are just presured on public land causethey got a bunch of people hoping all over the place.public land is only good for stories.when 5 different people come out they can talk aboutwhere they hunted and come to find out they all were hunting 30 feet apart.no wonder they all saw 4 deer a piece.lol d
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 AM

There's nothing wrong with private land, or its hunters. In my experiences, private land hunters have been more respectful and give a crap about QDM, because it's either their land or they have permission from someone they are close with. There is absolutely nothing wrong with public hunters because hell, they're hunters. I just don't understand the bitterness and ignorance of that little rant.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: walker12

There's nothing wrong with private land, or its hunters. In my experiences, private land hunters have been more respectful and give a crap about QDM, because it's either their land or they have permission from someone they are close with. There is absolutely nothing wrong with public hunters because hell, they're hunters. I just don't understand the bitterness and ignorance of that little rant.
x2 d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.