Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

OUCH!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OUCH!!!

lol.. i was on youtube and saw a few videos of people gettin hit... its funny cause they had the same reaction I had. GOD it hurt!

Well heres me today. still swollen and red, and hurtin.
remember... there was a rubber o-ring around the scope... it hit hard!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Spike

get a long eye relief scope then this wont happen again.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

you got any pictures ?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

how the hell did you manage that with a shotgun??????? they arent that bad......
Old 12-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

that sucks, i dont know use some ice.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, sorry to hear that BB. Not laughing at you...but it reminded me of one of my friends that bought a .300 wby mag to shoot these 100lb deer in WV. First shot at a deer...busted his nose up good...he came out of the woods a bloodymess. Can you say overkill?He's macho though... got the biggest gun in camp [8D] Best thing about it...he did it again the next time....nothing like self inflicted pain!

On a serious note....no way you should be hitting your nose with a shotgun. Something ain't right...either you are seriously crowding thescope, or you aren't shouldering your gun correctly. Hope you feel better!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

try one handed shot.... with a scope that has about 2 inches of eye relief. I couldnt get in the right position, so I had to shoot 1 handed. And my little 20 gauge is about 30 inches long and is a single shot... it feels much better, altho theres still some pressure there. oh well. Firearms season is over now, and I dont have to shoot it again until Summer or fall... Unless I wanna go squirrel hunting or rabbit hunting.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

I was hunting... and the deer is hanging up in the garage now. This is the second time ive been hit by this thing. The last time wasnt so bad tho. I was sighting it in, and it hit me, but barely hit me...It even has a rubber ring around it... but that didnt help this time. Still hurts!!!
this is a great way to increase flinching. I'd get a new scope with longer eye relief. or see if there's a better way to mount this one. hopefully the deer tastes better due to what you had to go through to get it.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ouch never happened to me but i have seen others that have done it
Old 12-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Better adjust that eye relief. But I know i'm preachin to the choir

Quick Reply: OUCH!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.