Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nice buck killed, but did a car hit him? >

Nice buck killed, but did a car hit him?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice buck killed, but did a car hit him?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Nice buck killed, but did a car hit him?

Check out this nice buck that was killed this morning. His antler looks like it was yanked out of his skull. His eye is swollen shut and oozing. I am betting he was hit by a car and shot close after. What do you think caused this deers injuries? His stomach also had a big softball lump and his insides were mangled. These deer are tough creatures!!!!

http://forums.huntinghole.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61

270GO
Old 12-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nice buck killed, but did a car hit him?

What a mess!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is possible he had been in a fight with another buck all that damage could have been caused that way
Old 12-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like an auto accident to me. It looks like he had already started healing and I would bet that he would have lived if he hadn't of been shot. Big bucks are tough.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I vote hit by a vehicle. They can take a real thumping and live at least for a while. Last summer I was walking the dog and heard a loud thump around the corner. I could see a truck back up and then drive off. When I got around a corner I could see a large doe laying in the ditch looking almost dead and barely breathing with a gurgling sound. I went home and called a warden who lived nearby. He came to the house in about 1/2 hour and we went to the place where the deer was and it was gone. It was on the edge of a short green field so if it crawled off we would have seen it. It must have been knocked out and when it came too it ran off. We could see the tracks going across the field towards the woods.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am guessing it was hit by some vehicle as well. I found a deer once that was laying in the road. I had just met a trailer truck going in the opposite dierection and about 500 yards down the road I found it in the middle of the road. I pulled off the road and drag the deer off to the side. I could see it breathing so i went back to my car and got a knife to try and cut it's throat with. As I returned to the deer it had gotten up and tried to run away with it's head flopping back and forth. I pushed the deer back over and waited for a warden to come and shoot it. The warden gave me the deer and when skinning it out I found that part of it's neck was broken about halfway threw it. My only guess in this case was that it had run into the side of the truck and fell into the road. Had I not come across it when I did it would off run off and eventually die. i am guessing something like that may have happened..
Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like Mike Tyson hit him LOL

dd
Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was done by another buck... Come on dd I'm surprized you didn't jump all over that one
Old 12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hit by a car there tough but the internal injuryswill take em down. I hit a fawn 2yrs ago what a mess when you see 1 there,s probally more should ve been watching from ware the doe came from instead of looking at her Bang trk was a month old.