But as someone who predominantly spends time in the bowhunters forum, at this time of year much badprofiling is brought to gun hunters. FIRST let me say that I hunt with Bow,..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters? >

Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

The gun forums are much nicer people in my opinion.
Believing something to be true does not make it the truth. I think(<--this I think falls under the same scrutiny as the previous sentence) that hunters are hunters just like people are people. There are good and bad, nice and not so nice, smart and not so smartdistributed evenly among.

Bowhunters remind me of the Harley crowd,( narrow minded ).
Surely you implied usage of the word "some" right?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

its not so much the gun part for me but its the attudes some people take out their. Im alright with someone shooting a deer and using it, but sometimes i feel some people make shots just to say they did.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just hunt be it bow, ml, rifle, sheds, scouting, etc. As long as I am out in the woods with gameI am happy no matter what maybe in my hands. I have no problems with how others choose to hunt, as long as it ethical, legal and self fullfilling...go hard. Hunting is a personal endeavour, the challenge lies within and not with other hunters. Nothing wrong with friendly competition but when it comes to us vs them......[:'(]

I do have a problem with others be-littling to make themselves feel better.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do both bow and gun . There are good and bad people in both . All should only take ethical shots
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I bow hunt (80%) , and gun hunt, but I cannot stand the wholy-er than thou attitude that comes from bowhunters, I do not hang out on that board, I see it at all of our local archery shops as well, I go get what I need and I am out of there, I cant stand the testosterone levels in their.
The gun forums are much nicer people in my opinion. Bowhunters remind me of the Harley crowd,( narrow minded ).

Some guys just have more testosterone than others. Sorry you feel 'short' in this area. LOL!!!

I strictly bowhunt. I don't even own a hunting-gun (not for animals anyways ), but I absolutely agree that we are all on the same side as far a hunting is concerned. I've worked at an archery-shop before and I have witnessed many more slob-archers than I care to remember. And I have also witnessed my fair-share of slob-gun-hunters. Bottom line is that there are just as many slob-hunters out there as there are types of people (duh), and what they hunt with really is irrelevant.

We're on the same side guys!!! We really should try to stick together more. And stupid comments like "2-3 that get away wounded for every one they actually put down" is the kind of crap we need to stay away from.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who hunts. Maybe a little more for the bowhunter, but only because it is a little more difficult, generally-speaking, (getting closer, the whole movement-thing, drawing a heavy-bow when cold and motionless for hours, etc.), but I never take anything away from a rifleman who can drop a deer from 200-yards away. If he can make the shot, more power to him. It takes more skill and practice than alot of people seem to think.

There's just something about going out and getting your own meat that says alot about a man, no matter what he uses to get it. We really should try harder to stick together than we do. Our future as a group depends on it.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Bartender

I do both, please stay united for the good of hunting!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

If we pick each other apart then it will be easy for the anti's to pick up all apart I do not gun hunt but I will not vote or stand against it. I will stand up for gun hunting for the good of hunting
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 AM

I gun hunt and bow hunt. Although I prefer bowhunting over gun hunting and I can agree that bow hunters feel more elite and they should. Bow hunting is much more challenging and difficult.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Damn, and i thought that folks were catty in the dog hunting threads in this section
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt and rifle hunt, as do most of my friends. I have killed bucks with bothyearly andwillcontinue to, but on average people FIND way more hit deer with guns. Its just thekinetic energy and overall power of modern firearms, there is nocomparison. I know guys who arebetter shots than me with my bow whodont find half of the deer they shoot. I amnot knocking bowhunting, i love the challenge. Its just the truth....

Quick Reply: Gun Hunters..what ya think of Bow Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.