Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Va 8pt.-- Personal Feel good Story (pic) >

Va 8pt.-- Personal Feel good Story (pic)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Va 8pt.-- Personal Feel good Story (pic)

Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Va 8pt.-- Personal Feel good Story (pic)

Hey guys, I took this 8 pt. two fridays ago (November 16) with my Knight muzzleloader. He is a 3.5 year old 8 pt. and dressed 150 lbs. which is relatively big for my area, he was the dominant buck in the specfic area i was hunting and i actually passes on him last year when he was 2.5 year old 7 pt. with my crossbow. I know he may not be as big as some of the monsters you find on here, but to me this guy is a giant, see as how this buck was 11 years in the making for me. I have hunted for 11 years and this is the first mature buck i have take, and over the last 5 years i have hunted harder than anyone can imagine for that first shooter buck. Words cannot describe how proud i am of this buck and he's going to be hanging on my wall when i get him back from the taxidermist. My dad and brother were on the other side of the property and could hear my victory yells after i saw this buck go down haha. Like i said no matter how many more big bucks i take the rest of my life (God-willing) nothing will take away from me how special this buck was to me. Enjoy the picture!

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rrent=cody.jpg
Old 11-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Va 8pt.-- Personal Feel good Story (pic)

Congrats on a great buck!!!! Mature bucks come in all shapes an sizes depending on where you hunt!!!!! I killed a 142 8pt two years ago on Mich state land and that is like a booner here in Mich where I hunt!! Be proud of a great job and great buck!!! Walt
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, very sweet. Way to go!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:05 AM

nice congrats
Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compliments guys, as proud as I am of this buck, I'll be the first to say that we still have some bucks bigger than him running around on our property. One probably scoring 120", and a few 2.5 year olds bigger than my buck. So with over a month of the season left (muzzleloader, bow) you can bet I'll be out there!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM

Beautiful 8 pt! Way to go.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Great job! Congratulations, I know just how you feel I just posted pics of my first Shotgun Buck from Massachusetts.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

great looking buck congrats
Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

congratulations way to show discipline and pass a young deer it is good to see that it paid off for you
Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Congrats!!! That's a nice looking buck, I bet it felt so good to finally be rewarded for all of that hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.