Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 6 point, kind of

Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default My 6 point, kind of

Well I was out hunting last week and didn't see a thing. I figured I would go for a walk and see if I could see anything. Well I did, I jumped this 6 point in the thickets, he took off behind me, so I ran to the field to see if I could see him go across there, nope he wasn't there, Then I here a car skidding up on the road, UT OOO !!!!! that cant be good I'm thinking. So I go back to my truck and cross the creek and get up on the road. There is apickup sitting there with his 4ways on. I get up to him and he hit the deer I just jumped in the thickets. It didn't do much damage to either his truck or the deer. So I tagged it and took it. I figure I did everything but pull the trigger, saved me a bullet LOL. The driver wasn't a hunter and had no interest in the deer. I guess its better than nothing. Would rather of shot him but meet is meet and I sure like venison jerky

Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 6 point, kind of

That's an interesting story! You didn't put your tag on it did you? If you call a state trooper he would write it up and let you keep it, and then you would still be able to get another one while actually hunting on your hunting tag.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 PM

never tag one just call the state trooper or your local game warden and they will be glad to let you have it cause that means they dont have to mess with it.thats redneck hunting.if some one dosn't have the money for a rifle and tags they can walk the woods by the roads and jump deer out in front of vehicels and it would be a free hunt and maybe a trophy 8-)
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was the driver ticked when you told him you jumped the deer? Looks like an old deer I wich he could have gone out with more style.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Troopers where suppose to come and tag it for me, the guy was on the phone with them to have them come put it down, but when I walked over it was all ready dead. I told him to have the troopers come tag itso when he got off the phone I ask if they where coming and he said no, he told them I was going to tag it. I wasn't to Happy about that but oh well. I gutted it and put it in my truck and took it home. I only lived 200 yards away. I filled out my tag but then decided not to complete it. I figured I didn't shoot it, so if anyone was to say anything about me having a deer with no tag they can call the troopers and see that it was reported and a car deer accident
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I filled out my tag but then decided not to complete it.
Kind of unclear here. If you started filling out the tag, I am afraid you may not be able to use it anymore. If the trooper didn't show up, I don't know if I would consider it reported. He just may have not wanted to come out and never actually recorded it anywhere. They can be as lazy as the rest of the world when it comes to following through on stuff in the proper way.