Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Young Hunters Rule

Old 11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Young Hunters Rule - check out this guy

mykidshunt2
im guessing he is giving you a percent?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Even if he is a good kid, why should someone buy him a 600$ gun when there are lots of great guns out there in the 300$ range?

I want a 2008 ford f150, does that mean I should get one when I can get 2000 model for more than half the price that will get the job done just as fine????

Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 PM

I think they are the same person, they logged in ten minutes apart because they were browsing as mykidshunt2 and then decided to make a post with the other guy about how they would buy a rifle for the ebay kid too. The person that made the post has to be the person that made the account on ebay. It was good marketing on their part but they didnt need to lie about it. Thats just my opinion.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 AM

Default RE:

Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Too many "Posts: 1" on this thread.

Most of my friends get their kid's first gun at a pawn shop. Little single shot breach loader or something like that.A cheap bushnell scope would be just fine too. This sounds like champaign taste on a beer budget to me. Plus I just don’t see how this ebay thing is going to work because too many people are suspicious, especially when you register here just to advertise.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:53 AM

ok well, i am lucky 3 outa 4 of my guns are bought for me the other gun i bought my self and my bow i earned i have over 400 dollars into that bow if i can earn so can he, i am buying my own truck too i worked the whole summer instead of sleeping in and fishing all summer long.you dont need a pump rifle, go and get ur self a H&R handi rifle and get ur self a redhead scope for 50 bucks and your good to go buddy.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:56 AM

hey i looked at the bottom of the ebay page, and there is a link to the guns retail price and the only pump i saw atleast is a rimfire rifle, he should use someting that will CLEANLY kill the deer, and also what is wrong with sharing your dad's gun, you both cant shoot a deer at once especaily if your in the same tree
Old 11-30-2007, 07:57 AM

if he hadn't spent the money on .22 rounds and target paper that he obviously had to puchase first to do this, he'd already be $5 closer to his gun that he wants oh so bad, when that looks like about all hes going to get on ebay anyway... call me cynical but i refuse to believe this isnt some kind of a joke. if his community adores him so much for all the wonderful things hes done then i'm sure they can rally together and get him his gun for christmas or something. asking for handouts online sounds like some kind of gimmick that buckmasters would pull. (however shipping is free.. thats a good deal)
Old 11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

This kind of thing pisses me off. Beggers cant be choosers. Ive had many experience with people like this who think they need the deserve top dollar items just because they dont have anything in the first place. There are youth savage rifles that would do just fine for around 300.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mykidshunt2

No not the same person, but we both know Hunter. Hunter is Huntnjunkie's great nephewand I am a friend of the family.Huntnjunkie told me about Hunter's ebay and this website so I checked it out for myself. Why is everyone so judegmental? Hunter is a good kid doing great thinggsin this world at his young age which is not so easy to find these days. He would already have the money for his gun if all of the work he does was paid for instead of volunteer.If I could give him the money I would but my childrenhave to eat too. This is a very, verysmallfarming community that supports it's residents whenever we can, but we are far from being a wealthy town.We couldbe beating him up for worse crimes than this.I say if some rich person out there wants to make Hunters first deer killmore special than imaginableby contributing so he can buy his very own gun,thenwhy get bent out of shape over it. Im sure there is a nature loverout there with more money than they know what to do with, looking for a good investment.That would be an awesome chapter in Huntersbook.At 11 years old he has started putting hisjournals into a book format.I hope it will be the first of many. We should teach ourchildrento dream big.

I guess we are too sheltered in this small town and should also be preparing our children for the real world which is far less caring and sensitive than the bubble we live in.

Hunting and fishing keep children busy,so take them.
Why are we judgmental? You come on this site with no introduction and no prior posts begging us to buy a used targetso a kid can get a $600.00 gun.
Even the first post was "check this out" it didn't have any explanation to it or anything.

Now you can go to Dicks sporting goods like I did and get him the Rossi triple threat which is a single shot .243; 20 gauge; and .22 rifle all in one for $199.98. Add a scope and still have a heck of a first gun (3 actually) for under $350.00

Had this intial thread started with "Hello all, this is my nephew and he is seeking your help." Things might have been different; MIGHT have. I say might because we have a lot of anti-hunters and others who come on here with their very first post and it's something crazy.

If this is true, hey good luck. But I think a $600.00 gun for a first gun is out there.

Quick Reply: Young Hunters Rule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.