Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA 9 point stolen

Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA 9 point stolen

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

That stinks. I know that it happens, but it is hard to believe that someone needs/wants a deer that badly.[&o]

ORIGINAL: fingerz42
Around 8:45 my dad radios me on the 2-ways and says a deer is on its way up the hill.
I wouldn't announce this as it is illegal.

Mitch
As much as I'm an ethical sportsmen I think laws like this are ridiculous and just another stupid decision from the PA. Game commission, so if they feel like tracking me down, then come get me, afterall I know how hungry pa game commission is with tickets sales decreasing year after year...
Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

How far was the old guy from where you shot? if it was 100yds or less - I would have REALLY pressed him on it in front of everyone else. At least have made him feel true guilt everytime he looked at the rack.

You know:

When I saw you on the hill - and was tracking my deer - didn't you send me the oher way?

Are you denying that my deer trail was less than 20 yds past you?

Are you sure you shot? was it quartering away?

Just plain stinks if its true - sorry for all of us hunters.

FH
Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bust that shoulder!! Theres not enough meat on the front shoulder to cry over and it will surely shorten your tracking job. I usually shoot through both of them with the 7-08 every chance I get....so I know the 30-06 will handle it no sweat unless u are right on top of it using light bullets and you should still get thru one of them.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 AM

not to change the subject but about two years ago i shot a doe about 80yards away and it droped and jumped back up and run 40 yards and jumped the fence.it run maybe 40 yards on the other side of the fence.i walk to the fence to to get my deer and there was a young and older guy about 100 yards in the feild walking straight to me.well the old guy cursed me and tryed to acuse me of killing it on his property and told me that i was not getting my deer and told me that if i steped on his property that he was going to get me for trespassing.well i walked back to the house(where we camp)and was telling my cousin about it.well he went and told his grampa and his grampa called the game warden.well the game warden showed up about 15 minutes later.so we walked down to the fence line and the two guy's were still there.well the old man told him that i shot it on his property.well the game warden looked at me and said where did you shoot him and told me to be honest.well i took him to where i shot it and he followed the blood from where i shot it to the fence and climbed over the fence and walked up to the deer.the game warden looked at me and said(come get your deer)hahaha boy i looked at the old guy the whole time and smiled 8-).it was eating the old guy up.hahaha now i hunt by his fence.game warden told me in the state of kentucky if you shoot an animal and it runs on someone else's propertyand they wont let you claim it give them a call.old mean man ;-(
Old 11-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Bartender

9/10ths of the law is possesion, if he tagged it you arepretty much out regardless of who shoots it.
ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Well johnny I didnt sit there and ask the guy for the deer or anything I simply went down to verify it was the deer i shot. The thing is this, no shots were fired over the hill. So technically, it was my deer, and if it werent for him already having the deer packedinto the bed of his truck I'd have taken that deerr away from him in a heartbeat. It would be one thing if he shot and killed it, but when no shots are fired and their is a dear he claims is his, that just aint right.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt public land long enough will cure you of those lung shots with a rifle... Shoulder baby shoulder!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Break the shoulders, use a faster expanding round on deer inside 100 yds. I know guys who use fail safes at close range and deer roll right up!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Too bad... S$#%%y situation...

I would have lost it... could have gotten ugly!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

And this is why I quit gun hunting in PA... Now I live in IL,... ML season opens today... I get off work at noon
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM

Very strange story. Too bad there was not more you could do.

Quick Reply: PA 9 point stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.