Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !! >

BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !!

[:-] tonight was a night to remember.. at 330 my buddy had come home from a very uneventful weekend at deer camp.. came home..wanted to go out so we went out behind my parents house.. a 16 acre block of freshly clear cut woods in hopes of a doe or 2 and to try our our new 300 win mags. we walked around for a little not seeing much of ne thing when my brother called to tell me 6 does were crossing the road onto our property .. we were about a 1/2 mile away...with 45 mins of hunting light left we hurried back to my property line ....with the game plan of watching the logging road on to catch ne thing coming accross....my buddy climbed my ladder stand and instantly had rifle ready... KAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM MMM..and hunting will never be the same.. he put his hands up showing a 20" spread.. me thinking he was joking laughed at him.. remember i laughed at him lol.. he nearly fell out of the stand.. im thinking its an elaborite joke and its just a doe.. but we came up on the biggest deer i have EVER seen !!! a HUGE main frame 8 point with 3!!!!!! DROP TINES..... 8 " brow tines.. 19 3/4 in. spread and 12 in G2s... an absolute GIANT.......!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the long story but in fact i could go on forever.. pics will be coming soon

Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 AM

Default RE: BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !!

man that sounds like a great story, i am sorry it wasn't your deer , but it sounds you like are more excited them him , i can't wait to see the pictures ! Give him a congrats for me !
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Lets see those pics!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 AM

Got any pics
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

my brother called to tell me 6 does were crossing the road onto our property .. we were about a 1/2 mile away...with 45 mins of hunting light left we hurried back to my property line ....
This is legal in your state? My state (Kansas) doesn't allow you to use electronic devices to reveal the location of game when hunting.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Im sure we all would have done the same.
Congrats to your buddy.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Father Forkhorn

my brother called to tell me 6 does were crossing the road onto our property .. we were about a 1/2 mile away...with 45 mins of hunting light left we hurried back to my property line ....
This is legal in your state? My state (Kansas) doesn't allow you to use electronic devices to reveal the location of game when hunting.
he didnt know exactly where he just new they MIGHT be on the property, and he didnt even shoot a doe he shot a buck that wasnt in that group
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

NEED PICTURES

Old 11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

nwtry...sounds like a ghost story to me....wheres the beef?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great story to me! Congratulations to your buddy for getting the buck, and to you for being supportive.

Quick Reply: BIGGEST DEER OF MY BUDDYS LIFE !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.