Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how to get condensation out of a gun scope >

how to get condensation out of a gun scope

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to get condensation out of a gun scope

Old 11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how to get condensation out of a gun scope

New scope! You might be able salvage this season by leaving in garage or something so dont have contrast in temp. to cause condensation. Good luck!

I agree, we used to leave our guns outside so they wouldn't fog up. New scopes are nitrogen or argon filled now and this shouldn't happen. You get what you pay for when it comes to scopes my friedn. Leupold is as low as I will go in the scope food chain. Zeiss or swarovski are great but pricey.

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I wouldn't even waste my time with it. Just go get a better quality scope.
That's the Best advice you can get. Throw that simmons on a 22 and be done with it. Deer hunting requires too much energy spent to have a shot blown by a piece of crap scope. its cheap insurance. You can buy a leupold 2x7 used for 100 bucks or so and its still lifetime guaranteed not to do what this one did to you.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, a simmons that came with a rifle is apt to fog up, or malfunction/come up short in some or many other ways. spend about $200-$400 on a new scope and you won't have that problem again.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM

My buddy had a Bushnell on his shotgun last year that would fog up at first and last light every day no matter what.Talked to one of there reps at BPS he gave me there address sent the scope in with $10.00 for shipping and handelling a month later he had a brand new scope.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd wrap it in a sheet, put that in a big hunting sock then stick it upright in a metal bucket that you then fill with kitty litter.
Put it in a warm place for a couple days .......this will work. But probably only temporarily.

or

.... after that amount of time the cats will have crapped all over it and you'll have a reason to upgrade.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM

An old Gunsmith in our area instructed me to take my fogged scope and put it in the freezer. Left it in there over the summer and have never had a problem since.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM

must be a common problem , i got a savage 110 rifle / scope combo in .30-06 and mine did the same thing yesterday

i am replacing it for next year .
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Time to take the $20 scope off the rifle, and upgrade.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my old 1x4 Redfield scope. No problems wiht it at all. And the spider web cross hairs are stronger than wire. No fogging either
Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Bartender

Thats what I have on my Browning BLR 358 tones. If I could find a 3X9X40 Redfield that is what my father had on his 358. I have his orginal 358 but he bought a newer one in Aluminium and now my brother has it with the 3X9.
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I love my old 1x4 Redfield scope. No problems wiht it at all. And the spider web cross hairs are stronger than wire. No fogging either
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cant beat a good Redfield Scope
ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Thats what I have on my Browning BLR 358 tones. If I could find a 3X9X40 Redfield that is what my father had on his 358. I have his orginal 358 but he bought a newer one in Aluminium and now my brother has it with the 3X9.
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Quick Reply: how to get condensation out of a gun scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.