Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is wrong with people?

Old 11-26-2007, 05:19 PM

Default RE: What is wrong with people?

ORIGINAL: kmunny19

maybe the were just driving super fast earlier.
Now, THAT is funny!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is nuts, maybe he was cooling the meat.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

ONe of the things that is taught in Hunters Education classes is how not to offend the general public and turn a person who initially doesn't care about hunting into an ANTI HUNTER. And this is an instance of not thinking at all and offending EVERYONE.
It's a simple solution when transporting your kill----OUT OF SIGHT\OUT OF MIND!
This was brought up earlier this year on another archery forum and many said it's their right to 'show off' their kill.
Yes it is still your right, but why would you do it purposely to offend some people!.....that's just simple stupidity and as the comedian says, '' you can't fix stupid''.
Think before you do......it's a simple thing to do to not created problems for yourself.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe someone wanted the hide, cant see how it would be good for the meat though.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gosh guys, on any given stretch of major roadway you can see all sorts of roadkill with blood and guts splattered all over the place. But now the kids are gonna be traumatized by a skinned animal strapped to a car. I suggest steering well clear of the meat section when you have the kids at the supermarket. No telling how badly that experience would scar them. The end is near....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Gosh guys, on any given stretch of major roadway you can see all sorts of roadkill with blood and guts splattered all over the place. But now the kids are gonna be traumatized by a skinned animal strapped to a car. I suggest steering well clear of the meat section when you have the kids at the supermarket. No telling how badly that experience would scar them. The end is near....
Oh, get off it. That is a ridiculous comment and you know it. Would you take your kids to a slaughter house? There is a difference between hiding them from reality and not rubbing it in their faces. This guy could have very easily bought a ten dollar tarp and covered the deer. My kids help process the deer, but not everyone would let their kids do that. Keep up this attitude and you won't have a hunting season. It is not the 90% who hunt or don't care that you have to worry about, it is the 10% that cry to their senator that we are cruel barbarians. "Just look how they taunt us with their kill. I am a vegetarian and I am offended." I can hear it now.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

it is called air drying lol
Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing ridiculous about it. If they can handle driving past a road kill doe splattered all over the road then it is stupid to assume that a clean skinned deer will somehow drive them over the edge.And if that bothers them, then the leg of lamb or calf liver laying there in the meat case will too. So, i suggest painting the passenger windows on the old SUV black and steering well clear of Krogers. Might want to avoid the discovery channel too since there is lots of graphic stuff there too. This aint Disney World folks, and when you try to kow tow to the people who want to act like it is Disney World then you are digging your own grave[:@]
Old 11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe they had recently driven under a huge magnifying glass. Did it smell like burnt hair?

Seriously though, it was probably a case of giving someone the hide, or needing to have someone help with skinning,without really thinking things through. They were probably a couple garbage bags or a tarp away from coming off smelling like a rose.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

This is exactly the kind of behavior that gives liberals and anti hunters the ammo to harass us.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.