Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad Hunter?

Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Hunter?

A fellow member of our hunt club has done some of most out of this world this past week in the deer woods. Just to name a few:

Text messaging all day, then complaining about seeing deer.

Walking our trails in search of deer, with no spot and stalk game plan, just tramping through the woods.

Looking through my binoculars the wrong way-- actually looking through them the right way. then wondering why everythin was close before looking trough them the wrong way (which he believed was right)

Leaving the blind/treestand at 3:30-4:00 because of slow deer movement.

Hunting over one of our decoys we had put in front of a trail camera for scouting purposes.

Telling other members of the camp he was going to one location, then showing up at another ruining the other members hunts. (One time actually sneaking through the woods to hunt the aforementioned decoy, about 50 yards from the decoy, upwind, on the ground in the middle of a field.)

Theses are just a few of the miscues/ errors/ absolute bonehead mistakes he made all week. They are probably funny to you guys, and are actually pretty funny to me when i think about them, but just blow my mind to think that what he does he thinksis right. The problem is, however, that if we were to try to help him and tell him what hes doing is wrong, he would get so defensive that he would blow up on our entire club!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bad Hunter?

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

A fellow member of our hunt club has done some of most out of this world this past week in the deer woods. Just to name a few:

Text messaging all day, then complaining about seeing deer.

Walking our trails in search of deer, with no spot and stalk game plan, just tramping through the woods.

Looking through my binoculars the wrong way-- actually looking through them the right way. then wondering why everythin was close before looking trough them the wrong way (which he believed was right)

Leaving the blind/treestand at 3:30-4:00 because of slow deer movement.

Hunting over one of our decoys we had put in front of a trail camera for scouting purposes.

Telling other members of the camp he was going to one location, then showing up at another ruining the other members hunts. (One time actually sneaking through the woods to hunt the aforementioned decoy, about 50 yards from the decoy, upwind, on the ground in the middle of a field.)

Theses are just a few of the miscues/ errors/ absolute bonehead mistakes he made all week. They are probably funny to you guys, and are actually pretty funny to me when i think about them, but just blow my mind to think that what he does he thinksis right. The problem is, however, that if we were to try to help him and tell him what hes doing is wrong, he would get so defensive that he would blow up on our entire club!
Treat him like a ball player................3 strikes and you're out!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

If he wont accept constructive input then it sounds like your wasteing
your time,might be in the best interest of the club to vote him out!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, he comes over to our property once a year, and that is the week of Thanksgiving to hunt. Not putting any time or effort into our food plots, scouting, camp maintenance, splitting firewoods, etc. He is one sad fellow..
Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 PM

sounds like you got a bad apple that needs to be dropped 8)
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

you need to tell him the way its going to be and if he cant except then tell him to move on.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

sounds like my fat couch potato nephew.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 PM

Thats why I stay away from clubs. I would distance myself from him. Also be brutally honest with him, tell him look man you aremessing everyones hunting up.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

ill be mad if hey messed up all my hunts!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like the members need to sit him down, tell him how things work and if he can't go by the rules, he's a goner!
On second thought, even a newbe should know better than to hunt someone else's stand area! He's gone now!

Quick Reply: Bad Hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.