Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tips for staying warm

Old 11-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tips for staying warm

I have a Heater Body Suit and it very warm. Only for stand huntig which is what I do. Not really that bulky, you kinda slide out if it to shoot and it is out of the way. I can shoot my bow out it no problem, you just can't move around as fast if something is coming behind you. I have hunted in 10* and never got cold. I usually sit for 3-4 hours.
ORIGINAL: Remnard

I carry my over coat and hat gloves etc in a pack. If it's real cold I will pack my Coveralls in my pack and get dressed when I get to my stand. I wait a couple minutes to cool down when I get in there before I get dressed. It gives a few minutes to evaporate the sweat off me. If its real cold I will wear Cabelas extreme Polar long johns and a pair of fleece sweat type pants under my woolBib Overalls.

I haven't used my Cabelas Arctic Boots in a long time. My feet are the worst if I sit too long, but I haven't had a problem yet. Muzzleloader season will be colder probably. The chemical hand warmers are ok but When I am going to be sitting in really cold weather I will go buy a box of those heat packs for when you have a sore shoulder or neck. They seem to get much hotter and last forever.

Anyone ever tried those heater body suits? Bulky as hell but I bet they work.

My friend just got a pair of lined electric pants and says they work great. He has a vest coming also.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I get into fairly warm clothes, climb into my towerblind and turn on the heater.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

To stay warm, dont let yourself get cold in the first place. I eat excessive ammounts of fresh garlic to get my blood pumping! That keeps my hands and feet warm.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I wear thermal underwear and have those little hand warmers that you shake then they heat up and lots of layers and of course woolsocks
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Wool socks and long underwear.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Spike

great tips guys just one to add my feet sweat bad no matter how cold it is i read in a hunting magizine to use anti-perspirant deodorant on your feet and it really works
Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't sweat up, it's a killer. The best one word for cold...WOOL.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best two words for cold~~~~Under Armour!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

My toes bother me the most. I use the chemical foot warmers. Also stick a couple of the smaller hand warmers inside my gloves.
Same here. I have a lot of trouble keeping my feet and hands warm. The foot and hand warmers helped alot.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 PM

the only things that get cold on me are my feet and my face...so for my feet I wear old school army mickey mouse boots...best boots I've ever had...it seems like the more slush and snow ya walk through the warmer your feet get...haven't found anything good for my face yet but I'm workin on it

Quick Reply: Tips for staying warm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.