Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 getting disappointed about my season >

getting disappointed about my season

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

getting disappointed about my season

Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default getting disappointed about my season

I have been only hunting for 3 years. have not really got any good shots on any deer but one, did not take it because I did not like where I was the placement was. Now the person I share the one of my hunting area with is blaming me for not seeing any deer. I have seen deer in this area even today, he hunts on the other side of the property. I am just about to give up hunting and just do target shooting.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting disappointed about my season

Dont give up! Its hunting, not shooting. Enjoying the chase if 3/4 of the fun for me. We all have chitty years some time or other.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM

yeah im thirteen and get a serious case of buck fever but thats why i do it i have missed plenty of deer i missed 2 this year but havested my first one also
it took me five years ull get ur shot just hang in there if i didnt have buck fever i wouldnt do it also if i got one every time it wouldnt be any fun.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a little buck fever last year and miss 3. kicking my self for letting one go this year just because I did not like the shot it was giving me and I could not move to get a better one,
Old 11-23-2007, 03:50 PM

never kick yourself for passing on a bad shot !! you did the right thing
Old 11-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Don't give up I just finished our shotgun hunt and never even saw a deer in 2 weeks.I know there is deer in the area we are hunting but that's just the way it goes some years.We still have the muzzleloader hunt that starts on Dec3rd and Iam pumped to get started.Last year in the areas that we hunt we saw 83 deer,not many bucks but lot's of freezer fillers.
NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:02 PM

Hey dude,,Don't ever give up. Missing is just part of the experience, as far as not taking a shot because you don't feel good about it, thatputs you one leg up on some others. It takes a lot to hold back. Just keep at it, you'll be happy you did.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going out in the trying to get some meat for the freezer (doe day, doe week on privet land). not giving up not until jan 5 (last day of late ML season). till next year
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont give up man. it took me a week of hunting all day everday to even see a deer in the woods. and i didnt get one till like another week after that. you just cant give up its that rush that you get when you finally do see one that just makes want to keep coming back for more. dont quit!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Don't give up. I have hunted for more years than i care to tell and some years i get 5 deer and some yearsonly 1. The more years you hunt the better hunter you will be . There is less land for hunters to hunt and less deer in many areas than years ago at least in my areas . You have to locate a eara where you can hunt with a good deer population in it and hunt it and you will will be successful good luck

Quick Reply: getting disappointed about my season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.