Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Story...Missed him for a dump! >

Story...Missed him for a dump!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Story...Missed him for a dump!

Old 11-22-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Story...Missed him for a dump!

I know that there is a poster of a guy taking a dump while a huge buck walks by hanging in an old hunting camp I went to as a kid...Well it does happen...

Yesterday I went out early and used my climber in a new spot...Sat from first light until 8 and had to crap so bad that I climbed down..Was planning on sitting until 9 and then had to go to work...Climbed down out of the tree and found a spot to go...dug a hole with the heel of my boot and went....Decided that since I was down and that I had not seen a deer I would pack up and leave...no sooner did I get my climber on my back and pick up my bow don't I see horns coming straight at me! I mean horns!! I took a 125" 8 pt the week before and this guy was more than that!

Well I get the climber off my back and find a "spot" behind a tree and watch..this buck came in with nose to the ground to about 40yds but I could not get any closer...the whole time all I could smell was sh_t..you see the spot I picked to hide was well where I had just took a dump and wouldn't you know that I would pick the same spot...He had to have smelt it and turned around a walked away...If it was not a bow only zone he would be in the freezer....

Stuff like this always happens to me...but somehow I usually end up taking a nice buck...

Just thought I would share guys..

Dave
Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Story...Missed him for a dump!

Crap happens!! LOL!!
Old 11-22-2007, 06:54 AM

Crap does happen...worst part is I knelt in it...I was so excited about this buck I forgot that I had just taken a dump there!!!

yes I can laugh about it...

Dave
Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

man that sucks but sometimes life is not fair.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Couple years ago I spent so much time scouting and baiting deer. On opening day morning had a guy walk about 75-yards and drop tro and took a crap. At the time I was so pissed but now I talk about it everyone laughs about it.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:50 AM

Heard a story once about a guy who was hunting and had to crap, he was wearing insulated coveralls so unzipped and got out of sleeves to squat, did his business and put his coveralls back on only to find out he hadfilled the neck and sleeve area full of crap. So I guess just putting your knee in it is better than having it running down your back[:'(]