Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My first buck!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Spike

Default My first buck!!!!!!

Here is my first buck, I shot him on the second day of the new york shotgun season. I had sat opening day in a farmtown called ransomville, however decided to go home to Grand Island for sunday. I had just gotten home, when I went to my buddys house to find that he had shot a doe on saturday, as well as my other friends sean and ryan. We decided that I really needed to shot one this weekend so we could have a perfect opener. The plan was to put a small drive on a thicket that the bucks often ran into during archery season, 2 pushers, 2 posters. I was the shadow man in the drive. We had gotten about 20 yards into the drive when a good doe ran out into the field at about 25 yards. i was just squeezzing the trigger on her, when I caught sight of this guy. I quickly re-aimed my gun and fired. the first shot hit him high, and clipped his spine, dropping him on the spot. i was walking towards him to finish him off, when he got up and starting running towards me. My reaction wa sto shoot again. I fired twice more, the sfirst shot, hitting him in the hindquarters dropping him onto his back legs, and the second hitting him square in the lungs. I quickly ran up to him and put another one into his heart to dispatch him quicker. From the time he first ran out into the field, until the time he was stone dead and I was admiring my first buck was less than 15 seconds. It was amazing, I had hunted 2 years for my first buck, and although I had killed does, this feeling was different, everyone was high-fiving, and just happy for me. Nobody really expected to get a deer, let alone a decent buck. I am overjoyed with this buck, for new york this is a decent buck due to the fact that there are no antler restrictions and a hunter can shoot two bucks. I will remember that feeling and that day forever....

Thanks for reading my story,
Dusty

He was a 7 point, and he weighed 168 on the hoof.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My first buck!!!!!!

congrats, It took me 10 years before I got my fist buck and it was only a spike, so WTG.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 AM

Congratulations on taking a nice looking buck!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on taking your first buck.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 AM

You are right about that feeling... I remember my first buck a spike. Congrats...
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one a big congrats
Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great first buck!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Two bucks? You should only be shooting one with the shotgun or rifle.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck by the way.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 AM

Good job!

Quick Reply: My first buck!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.