Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Calling deer

Old 11-20-2007, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Calling deer

I call out to deer from day one opener of bow through closing of the season. The calls vary as you move through the season from simple contact to agressive fight talk and back to just quiet contact again. You have early what I call generic contact. Not to deep in pitch or to high either. Just a quiet burrrr letting them no its safe over here. Then as the rut begins, you start using more doe bleating and then buck grunting. As you get into the prime rut you are using agressive buck grunting mixed with doe bleating. You can now start combining rattling with these. When your in full blown rut, you can almost make any buck grunting you want and on a regular basis as if he is tending a doe and following her. I have actually watched a buck stay on the heels of a doe and never shut up. He followed her grunting for about three hundred yards grunting continuisly until they disappeared in the woods. I use the True Talker mixed with the Can. Deadly combo. And the true talker works on all levels of call from contact to agressive. Try listening to some of these sounds. Pay very big attention to the contact and aggressive grunting. These are the most useful to the hunter.
Good Luck,
Eric
http://www.wideworldofhunting.com/soundsofwhitetail/WhitetailDeerSounds.htm
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM

Default RE: Calling deer

ttt