Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

To all my fellow hunters out there. I have noticed that there has been a lot of negative comments to photos and tactics use by other hunters. If it isn't illegal in their state you have no right to cridicize it. This is a place people come to be congradulated and encouraged for their hunting skills, accomplishments, and lessons learned not to be lectured by someone who only knows them as a 145pixel avatar and screen name. Respect others opinions and your's will be respected as well. You reap what you sow.We are hunters and need to stand together.

If you want a fight find and antihunting website.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

I'm taking it you are talking about the other thread, if so, I was mearly asking questions about the kill. The guy put down no story, and had a link to his "High Fenced Ranch" in the signature. What is so wrong with getting the facts? If you want to come on here and promote your business, be ready for some critisism. And everyone knows that that deer was no where near 228!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I wasn't talking only bout that thread I was reffering to many different threads on the deer hunting page, gun page and bow hunting page. Lately the new "fawns" are adding into there first few post that they aren't looking to be corrected or lectured but just for advice and congrats.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

You're not gonna avoid arguments and strong opinions. Hell, just look at the religion threads. Those folks spend more time at each others throats than talking about how much they love Jesus. So, its hard to expect much better from deer hunters who have a disproportionate percentage of whiners and malcontents.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started reading this forum before I ever joined I looked at a dozen others as well and picked this one because of the encouraging comments that I read. But the negativity and attacks have increased over the past few weeks.

What I am trying to point out isn't keep you opinion to yourself its to respect others.

Example: Last week there was a person onthe gun forum asking others opinions on a 22-250 for deer. A few started that there opinion was it wasn't big enough that is what the original posted wanted. Then a 22-250 owner came on and began chew everyone out saying that they had never killed a deer with a 22-250 and needed to stay quite.

The request was for opinion not experience and that was all that needed to be given.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, you know what they say about opinions. They are like A-holes. Everyone has one and thinks thateveryone else's stinks.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maryland_Whitetail

I'm taking it you are talking about the other thread, if so, I was mearly asking questions about the kill. The guy put down no story, and had a link to his "High Fenced Ranch" in the signature. What is so wrong with getting the facts? If you want to come on here and promote your business, be ready for some critisism. And everyone knows that that deer was no where near 228!
he is completely right; he put no story and it was all to attractbusinessto his ranch with a buck that was obviously no where near a 228 gross score. although it is a very nice buck, he took the wrong approach to try and get free advertisment and it brought some opinions.

You should see the bashing i takewhen i take up for deerdog hunting... it doesn't bother me one bit, and it shouldn't him either. someof us just have our varying opinions about styles and types of hunting.

i for one would never hunt in a fenced area and he would probably never consider running deerdogs..... end of story
Old 11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some opinions are so poorly informed or lacking a basis in real experience that you just gotta call folks on it.[:@]
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The general thrust of Ruger's comments are correct. Tact and respect are essential. It's also important to consider that the research on internet boards reveals a tendency to be much more strong and forceful than when dealing with face to face interactions. We tend to be more blunt and even more obnoxious on the internet than we would otherwise. Correspondingly, people who read the comments tend to interpret them as much more aggressive than the author intended, likely because when we hear such comments, we can see from facial expressions and gestures that the person isn't threatening or on the attack. When they can't see you, they are much more likely to see your remarks as a swipe or cheap shot.

What this means is that restraint is the order of the day when making posts. We must be very cautious and use discretion. If "some opinions are so poorly informed or lacking a basis in real experience that you just gotta call folks on it," preserving their dignity and honor should be our aim, even when they are not being particularly dignified or honorable.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forkhorn you hit the nail on the head.

I began noticing this with the post on running dogs whick some of those post were started in order to start a fight I think. I also noticed a few new"fawns" post comments that because of the bickering they were considering leaving the forum because of the lack of respect of others opinions and choices of legal hunting.

Quick Reply: JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.