Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: JUST SO ENCOURAGING!!

While I agree with the spirit of your post, this is an internet forum. I personally try to treat others with respect but experience tells me I can not expect the same in return. Most internet forums I’ve been on are MUCH worse then what I see here. You got to have a thick skin if you post. To me it’s a lot like behavior I witness on the highway. People will do things to you that they would never dream of if they were not in a car. They seem somehow detached. I just don’t take it personally I guess.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Forkhorn you hit the nail on the head.

I began noticing this with the post on running dogs whick some of those post were started in order to start a fight I think. I also noticed a few new"fawns" post comments that because of the bickering they were considering leaving the forum because of the lack of respect of others opinions and choices of legal hunting.
I think it is ok with some new fawns who took up for deerdogging, because i invited them to join elsewhere with otherhoundsmen on a different forum. That might be why a couple haven't been posting in a while.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Since when can't we express our opinions on an open forum. There are alot of things in hunting that I don't agree with, high-fenced deer, shooting at a deer 200 yards away....they are all legal, based on the state. You have ever right to hunt any way you want within the law. Just as I have every right to get on here and call out a person trying to promote something that I don't agree with. If you don't agree with me, tell me. I won't go cry to mommy and get my binky. Sorry if my posts have offended anyone, just speaking my mind.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I am saying is if you don't agree tell them you don't agree. If you like running dogs say I like running dogs. If you don't agree with high fence say I don't agree with high fence. If you don't think it is ethical to hunt in a certain way state your opinion.

But don't insult someone because of their opinion being different.

Agree to disagree and let it go.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

"Imagine all the people...." Opinions are like *******s everyone has one and they all stink
Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

I agree wholeheartedly. This forum is set up so that we all can learn from our experiences, be able to help others and maybe post pictures up when we are successful. There is never really any reason to blatently attack anyone. Like Ruger said, if you disagree, state why you disagree and leave it at that. There is no reason to personally attack someone for their posting. I agree that if you want to fight, go to the antis site and fight there.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I believe there are a lot of jealous hunters out there. Just because alot of you can NOT kill the nice ones does NOT mean you have to belittle someone else.[:@]
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM

Being new , I can only say that I find the bickering quite comical. Though new to this forum, I am by no means new to hunting, and I have seen good advice as well as some that was questionable. I havealsolearned that there are some pretty opinionated fellow hunters, but that is there right. I hope to learn from this so I dont start a controversy in the future, but I dont intend on leaving over a few harsh words. Cant we all get along, when it comes down to it , we all love hunting, so it may not be opinions, but we all have one thing in common. Good luck to all this season.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical