Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year. >

I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:54 PM

Default I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

I want to hear about your successes of what you've all shot in points, spreads, weight (if you can get it) and where you've gotten your deer this year because hunting starts for me here in PA on Nov. 26th and I also want to get your stories also because I love stories also.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

OK Ace, looks like I'll be the first to reply to your question.
Our Michigan firearm opener was on the 15th. I shot a 2 1/2 yr old lone doe in the a.m. Then on the morning of the 17th I shot a 1 1/2 yr old buck. He had a little 2" spike on the right side that turned downward right tight along his skull, and a normal 6" bladed spike on the left side. He was following a doe and really smelled gamey! I was using a Ruger M77 in .308 using 165 gr. Power Point handloaded bullets.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM

in the IL thread, you can see the pics. he green scored 157 7/8", i know he was over 200lbs field dressed, my avatar is him on hoof. we knew he was around, but never seen him during archery season before shotgun, except on trail cams, with no pattern! my buddy sat on the north middle of the property, not caring about wind direction, when he came in chasing a doe, watched him for about 10 minutes before the doe came crossing at 60 yards, thats when my buddy let one shot fire, he ran 70 yards before piling up. we had found his sheds in the spring, with no knowledge of him last season!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Virginia our bow season started in October and just finished my two week vacation of early muzzleloading, the rifle season just began this past Saturday. I killed a scrub buck during bowseason, and killed a 17" wide 8 pointer during the first week of muzzleloader. During the second week I hunted with a good friend all week trying to kill one of two bucks we have been seeing earlier in the year. We spotted both on several occassions but were unable to get a good shot at either one of them. While hunting with him I left my primary spot that I have killed two Virginia cititations in the last two years. I checked my camera on the first day of rifle and discovered a wall hanger that was just 20 yards from my stand.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

no points yet, today was the opener, had a good day, will prolly get flamed but here's a pic

RR
781 yards!Wow! Congratulations! Great shooting!

What type of gun is that?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[/quote]

781 yards!Wow! Congratulations! Great shooting!

What type of gun is that?
[/quote]

no kidding and the gun is a biggin!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, Ridge Runner - nice shot with an obviously superb rifle!
BTW -that deerhas 4 points if you turn it upside down
Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 AM

I got my first buck on opening day of Oklahoma's muzzle loading season. I was using a Knight 50 Muzzle Loader (iron sights) with a 223 grain bullet and 2 pellets of powder. At about 6:00 PMa seven point whitetail came out and turned sideways to my blind at about 35/40 yards. It weighed out at 115lbs dressed.

I got my second buck last Saturday about an hour into opening rifle season. I was using a 30-06 (3-9x40 scope) with 185 grain ammo. He was chase'n a doe and stopped about 50 yards from my stand. He had a huge body so I thought he would be at least a6 point. I guess he was only a 4 point because his brow tines were kind of small. He dressed out at 123lbs though so he's still the biggest whitetail deer I've ever got.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Calhoun County Georgia and i have harvested a 160# Six Point with a 14 inch spread and a Button Buck last friday. I know we shouldn't kill the buttons but it was a quick shot he was crossing the road and I thought he was a doe.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

YesterdayIharvested aSix-Point with a 14-inch spreadin Northern Va.
Did not get a chance to weight it. It is a lot of meat though.

Quick Reply: I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.