Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year. >

I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

I hunt in taylor county, florida and i have taken a 8,7,6, and 3 pt,all in my doghunting club except the 7 pt.I killed the 8 pt on the last afternoon of bow season, he was chasing a doe. I had seen him and a larger 7pt following a doea day earlier. I took the 6 pt during muzzleloader, he didn't seen to be in rut. Last friday we were running dogs and the dogs ran a 3 pt by me and i harvested him. This past Sunday i was stillhunting on my grandfather's land and i harvested a 7pt.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM

My blog has daily journal entries for the North Dakota rifle and bow seasons. I shot a 131" net with my bow this year that I entered into the P&Y book, but didn't have a rifle buck tag (just does for me with firearms this year). Saturday, my nephew shot a 160" gross 5x5, and we've taken a few others. Checkmy siteout for pictures and the stories behind them (it also goes back 5 years, with a number of large bucks taken by people in our hunting party over that span - I also shot a P&Y last year, a large non-typical last year, and a couple booners in years past).
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Shot an 8 Point 2nd weekend of October and shot a doe this past weekend @ 165 yards with a 12 ga.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Okay...I just shot my deer last friday night. It was just before dark and this nice 8 point walked in about 35,40 yards. So I drew up and waited for him to turn and give me a good shot and sure enough about a minute later he turned broadside and I shot and hit him and then he stood straight up on his back legs and then ran about 20 yards into this brush behind me and crashed into there and I waited about 5 minutes, got out of my treestand and went and got him. Nice West Michigan 8 point, 11 inch spread!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

781 YARDS! Man I can't hit something at 200 yards
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM

Well here in New Brunswick Canada our deer season just finished up on Saturday Nov 17th. We have a 3 week bow season followed by 4 weeks of gun
My father took a nice 4pt oct 27th.......my wife took a decent 3pt on Nov 8th and I took a doe on Nov 14th. NO record book deer but filled the freezer with some great meat.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM

Well to start off I'm new here, so nice to meet everyone.

I've taken 2 does, 1 with my bow 1 with a rifle. Both time batteries were dead in my camera (lesson learned)
I got this 9 point early bow season thatI had been after for the last 3 years. He either got so old he forgot aboutme
orI finally out-smarted him. I'm goin with the first one

Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

killed 2 6 points saturday while muzzleloading in north florida. one was 115 lbs and the other was 160lbs on our camp scales. took them about 20 minutes apart.....tony
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 AM

what a shot
Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM

Well you'll here's a story for you all that would be awesome but this happened a few years back. I was sick at the time and there it was the last day of deer season and wasn't really allowed out of the house also and I saw a few deer walking in my orchard. So I decided to get a shot off at them and so I went upstairs to my bedroom and took my 30-30 rifle and ran downstairs and out the side door and quickly took a shot and I got a nice doe which was fot our family and it was the only 1 we got that year.

Quick Reply: I want to hear from all you deer hunters who are hunting this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.