HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Results of first deer hunt! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/218210-results-first-deer-hunt.html)

linkppn 11-17-2007 06:59 PM

Results of first deer hunt!

Hey guys,
Today was my first deer hunt,Ohio's youth hunt, And I just returned. Well... I didn't get a deer. I hada chance but Ididn't feel confident enough with the shot (It bieng a frontal shot and I didnt know where to aim) So when I herd the shots from my cousin's slug gun I felt extemely disapointed with my self that I didn't take the shot. I wasn't in to of a good mood the rest of the day, especialy when seeing my cousin's nice 8 point(hisfirst deer). I may be going out tomorrow to but i am not sure. But I guess there are more bucks out there. I just wanted to tell you guys about my 1st hunt.-linkppn

linkppn 11-17-2007 08:01 PM

RE: Results of first deer hunt!

bump

deerhunter1224 11-17-2007 09:28 PM

hey its not all about weather you kill a deer or not just go out there and have fun. nothing wrong with not feeling confortable about a shot better then wounding a deer then you will feel really bad. there is always tommorrow.

Father Forkhorn 11-17-2007 09:50 PM

Don't be disappointed, you did very well. Believe me, wounding a deer will make you feel 100 times worse than you felt today. The fact is, you didn't get a deer because of something outside your control. Sometimes, you won't get a shot--it depends on the deer. There are days you won't see a deer at all, so you were doing better than you might realize. Sometimes, the deer win.

Be encouraged. You were close. Focus on not making mistakes and think through if there was anything you might have done differently that might have helped you. The two things you need more than anything right now are patience and learning. It will happen if you work at it.

linkppn 11-18-2007 08:30 AM

Thanks guys, I'm going going out again this afternoon! I'll post my buck when I get 'im!

Mossy_71 11-18-2007 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Father Forkhorn

Don't be disappointed, you did very well. Believe me, wounding a deer will make you feel 100 times worse than you felt today. The fact is, you didn't get a deer because of something outside your control. Sometimes, you won't get a shot--it depends on the deer. There are days you won't see a deer at all, so you were doing better than you might realize. Sometimes, the deer win.

Be encouraged. You were close. Focus on not making mistakes and think through if there was anything you might have done differently that might have helped you. The two things you need more than anything right now are patience and learning. It will happen if you work at it.
You did the right thing. Always be considerate to the game you pursue and never take a shot you aren't comfortable with. You owe him that much.

linkppn 11-18-2007 09:25 AM

I hope I get a good one today!