Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone have a cool deer stand?  (Need ideas!) >

Anyone have a cool deer stand? (Need ideas!)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone have a cool deer stand? (Need ideas!)

Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Anyone have a cool deer stand? (Need ideas!)

I want to build a deer stand on skids (this way it will classify as a "temporary structure" where I live, and I won't be subject to building permit fees.) And I'm not talking about just a plain, old, platform-on-poles type of stand! I want to build something that's about 8'x10' with its own simple conveniences (insulated floor/walls, a couple windows, tongue and groove pine interior, maybe a bunk or two, etc.)

I need ideas! Do any of you have a neat deer stand you could post pictures of?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:02 PM

Default RE: Anyone have a cool deer stand? (Need ideas!)

I will build you one for about $2000!

The one I hunt out of has a fireplace!

Actually it is just a old kerosun heater in a wooden box - but shoot it works.

I do not have any pictures, because my treestand is in a secret place.

But my brothers treestand I built 10 years ago out of treated lumber - 5/4 and also 2 x 10's and it has sides and walls and a roof. No windows - because that costs money.

What ever you do - expect to spend 3 times as much if you build it out of treated lumber. I just bought 3 new Pella Windows at Lowes the other day and they were about $125 each! Funny thing was that the windows I took out of the house were actually better than I new ones I put in.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 PM

I don't have pictures, but have had the opportunity to hunt out of some pretty unique stands. One is on a place I still hunt and I get in it occasionally when it's really cold. It's three stories tall, sits on top of a hill, is made of steel, a concrete foundation holding the legs, a stair case up to it, with a steel balcony that surrounds it on 3 sides. Inside is 10x12 and obviously roomy. It even has a grill hanging off the side of the balcony just for looks. Not real practical, but you can see for miles out of it.

The other I've been in is maybe even worse, but it is on skids. It's the top of an old silo, cut down to maybe 15 feet tall. Carpeted, soundproofed with cork, has running electricity via solar panals on the roof, has a tv, a fan, a gas heater, cell phone chargers, two-way radio, and a stereo, and the last piece: DirecTV (but you have to flip on the generator to get it all powered at times). Then, there is a laddar on one side that goes up to a loft in the top part with a futon.

I've "hunted" out of the 2nd stand twice and fell asleep both times.

Personally, I prefer tree stands, tripods, and the occasional pop-up in wet weather. I just like being able to hear everything I can around me.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Old 11-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

YATA HEYA ?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

sorry did I spell that right ?where the heck you hunting and how you gunna draga stand like that out there , I used to live down there its real flat in most places any way hope to hear from yawl.. good luck
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

you need a permit to build a tree stand in your state. HUH?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Fork Horn

Something like this:

Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

heres an idea for you. make one on a trailer. we have one and its great. when you are done hunting just hook it up and drive away.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: madvilledoc

Something like this:

Wouldn't this be considered cheatin?? [:'(] But I gotta tell ya, I love it [8D]

Quick Reply: Anyone have a cool deer stand? (Need ideas!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.