Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What to do during the middle of the day - suggestions? >

What to do during the middle of the day - suggestions?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to do during the middle of the day - suggestions?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM

Default RE: What to do during the middle of the day - suggestions?

I my self can never fall asleep when hunting, but bring a good book, and a big luch and you should be fine
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
DM

Yup... As those "other" hunters ? are wondering like they are lost, they are pushing deer to you and me!

DM
Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM

I'm going to sit and pray that the guys leaving the woods for lunch stir things up.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know where you're from but Ive been talking to alot of bowhunters here in east central illinois and they have all been saying they are seeing loooots of deer moving mid day right now. Im hunting all day this weekends. I was out in the country tonight on my way back home and the deer are EVERYWHERE tonight. Way more out then usual. Maybe they picked a wrong night to go out!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Shot my last deer around 11:30, usually my brother-in-law gets antsy gets outof his standand stalksby then, give me a perfect oppurtunity to be a little more patient and hope he kicks something up towards me. Thedeer in my avatar was almost near 11am, gun fire on neighboring stateland not too long before mr. 10pt showed up at my stand. If it is peak rut time or opening weekend of shotgun, my advice stay in the woods deer are moving on no set patterns/times. If you aren't out there can't shoot them. Something like real late season, I might head in for lunch as the movement isn't as much during the day.