Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Holy Hell

Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Holy Hell

ORIGINAL: inhuntr

I'm not saying that it wasn't a nice deer. To me it would be the same thing as shooting a buck tangled in a barb wire fence. I just don't think I could have shot it.

AH, so youre saying you would let a deer suffer in a fence and die? Well my brother found a deer tangled in a fence once.. it had a broken leg. SO HE SHOT IT and put it out of its misery. I would have done the same thing.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM

I am saying if there is any chance that the deer would survive I would try and release it. If it was obvisouly dying or would be in pain after I let it outthen I would probably shoot it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 PM

How every the deer was killed its still an awesome buck. And yes if that thing was in my backyard fighting a cement deer or what ever I would put an arrow though it end of story.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope he ran out and bought some lottery tickets because it was his LUCKY DAY!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any hunter who says he wouldn't have shot it would also say he would "turn down" Jennifer Aniston...I wouldn't believe him either.....Nor would I want to associate with him...
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Any hunter who says he wouldn't have shot it would also say he would "turn down" Jennifer Aniston...I wouldn't believe him either.....Nor would I want to associate with him...
LOL
Old 11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

"AH, so youre saying you would let a deer suffer in a fence and die? Well my brother found a deer tangled in a fence once.. it had a broken leg. SO HE SHOT IT and put it out of its misery. I would have done the same thing."

If his story is correct, then he is the one at fault for injuring the deer to begin with for taking a shot that was out of range. Sorry if you don't agree with me, but it was an unethical kill. He got lucky as heck that the deer got itself trapped under the lawn ornament. I've seen the same thing with people trying to kill deer at300 yds with high powered rifles and then gut shooting them or leg shooting them. I gotta go with Inhunter on this one. It was an unethical shot and the deeer could have just easily run off and died some where from the leg shot.

I would like to know where in southern indiana though.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM

I'll say that is a long shot with a bow. However it depends on who's behind it. Guy I work with tagged a doe at 68 yards and she made it about 40 yards. Me I dont feel comfortable past 40 yards just yet. Now...if I saw that in my backyard though he'd be deader than the grass under my bassboat. And yes being a backyard we dont know what was behind him, i.e. vehicles etc but if I saw that deer feeding directlyinfront of my '06 GMC. I'd probably just call my truck a necessary casualty.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

There is no doubt in my mind that I would take advantage of the situation and stick that mother #^$*@#.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM

Nice buck, a stupid one, but nice!

Quick Reply: Holy Hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.