Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

KS hunters education

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default KS hunters education

Does anyone know where to take the hunters education class in N/E ks? I have a friend who I am trying to get into hunting and he needs to take the class. He lives in Tonganoxie, 10 miles or so west of Kansas Speedway. When I was a kid I took mine in Oskaloosa but not sure where or how to find out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Brandon
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Default RE: KS hunters education

This should help you out, http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/oth...ucation/hunter all info for classes and such should be on there somewhere.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:18 PM

I would try the one at Garnett at the end of December. My son took his in September at Pomona Lake and they hadwhat I thought was a good set up. They did a walk thru on Sunday with actually hunting situations. So I started talking to one of the G.W.that I thought it was well put on. He said that for one that was really put together well that I needed to go to the one in Garnett. They set it up with actual blood trails and decoys at the end like the kill.And also have them carry "play guns" and have them do upland game hunts and have pop-ups for them as they walk. The students then have to tell them whether or not to shot and if they do why. Sounded like a very good time for the kids and parents. I hope to take my daughter to it next year.
Best of luck, Ron
Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 PM

I read a book and took a test for my Ohio Hunters ed class, it was 9 boring hours, i wish ours would have been that fun. The only fun thing was when these amish kids kept looking back at me and laughing at me and making fun of me, i told them i would take their picture with my camera phone and suck their souls out... they never turned back to look again