Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Camp Baby!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Deer Camp Baby!

In two days I'll be in deer camp baby! You can have your farm fields, there aint nothing like hunting in the woods out of the cabin. good cooking, good bs'n, good buddys... Everyone should have that experience in their lives. One day and a wake up... Woooooo!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Deer Camp Baby!

Right on man! I got the "can't hardly waits". It's an escape. I get up there, that's my real life, this here is what I do between times. It's not only the camp, but the woods. It just feels so right to be out there all day long, not touching pavement, not talking on phone or puter, not breathing exhaust, not talking to people. Your reality is the wind, the birds, the sky, the land, the water.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 PM

you guys talking about a cabin, places I used to go req a 4 wheeler and a tent.......I miss those good ole days.... me and my cousin would go out and not see a soul the entire time we were out...kill it quarter it and put in the cooler.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Oh, you gotta have a cabin. It is so rewarding at the end of the day to come indoors! Warm, dry, fed, drank, crash hard.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Hey thats good huntn too. Alas my friendwhere I hunt, WI about 30 miles south of the U.P.border. it getscolder than a witches teat in a brass bra. two years agoi was up in 15' stand in 10 degrees.....with steady wind. My....self....was running back to that cabin come sun down!

ORIGINAL: georgiahick

you guys talking about a cabin, places I used to go req a 4 wheeler and a tent.......I miss those good ole days.... me and my cousin would go out and not see a soul the entire time we were out...kill it quarter it and put in the cooler.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM

central ga, is cold but not much under 30ish this time of year....
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM

I know of guys that use an outfitter tent, big like an army tent, and with a wood stove in it, cots, lawn chairs etc. I could do that, as long as it's warm in there, out of the weather.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Need a nice bunk, shower, wood burner, and some good dish net work TV.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Yeah, I need some warmth. Ex military guys may feel similar sentiments, I'm done freezing my... off. I've done it and I don't like it.

and I say that in general, not to you georgia... The idea a packing in does appeal to me, just not where I hunt.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:49 PM

I feel ya, I prefer heat but we dont have the luxery of a cabin, or camper....cant afford it.....we do build a nice campfire though and on occassion smother the fire with sand and put our sleeping bags over it....toasty....but it dont keep your boots from freezing.....

I do get into backpacking, this past summer I did Land Between the lakes over the course of 5 days....pretty nice....Ive also done legs of the appalachain trail.... but not this time of year anymore...those hunting outtings is when I was a teenager.....Im military flatlander....Im pretty much done with the cold if I dont have to be cold.....lol

Quick Reply: Deer Camp Baby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.