Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Camp Baby!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Deer Camp Baby!

hehehe.....I heard that, hunting land and cabins aint cheap. I'mdam luckythat I get invites to my buddy's family's camp... thanks for your service brother.

ORIGINAL: georgiahick

I feel ya, I prefer heat but we dont have the luxery of a cabin, or camper....cant afford it.....we do build a nice campfire though and on occassion smother the fire with sand and put our sleeping bags over it....toasty....but it dont keep your boots from freezing.....

I do get into backpacking, this past summer I did Land Between the lakes over the course of 5 days....pretty nice....Ive also done legs of the appalachain trail.... but not this time of year anymore...those hunting outtings is when I was a teenager.....Im military flatlander....Im pretty much done with the cold if I dont have to be cold.....lol
Old 11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im goin to a deer camp too. Its in Star Lake, Wisconsin. Going up thursday then comming back sunday.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Nothing better than warm chili, cabin in the woods and good friends and family to share the hunt with!

Good luck boys!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ever slept in the back of Suberban at -20? Deer camp at times is where you make it.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM

your more of a man than me. @ -20, my camp would be my frontroom watching bucks on TV. hehehe

Enough typing about it. I'm heading up north tonight. Northern WI rut looks like its lining up pretty nicely for rifle season. weathers not bad.

Have a good hunt boys..
Old 11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

OOOOOOOOOOO BOY deer camp!!!!! Im going up on friday morning all I will remeber is deer hunting because if the hunt is done then the drink is starting. Haha DEER CAMP YOU GOT TO LOVE IT!!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM

sounds like fun

Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flatlander73

your more of a man than me. @ -20, my camp would be my frontroom watching bucks on TV. hehehe

Enough typing about it. I'm heading up north tonight. Northern WI rut looks like its lining up pretty nicely for rifle season. weathers not bad.

Have a good hunt boys..
Oh yea its on! You should see the scrapes and rubs deer put in the woods im hunting!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

flatlander73,

Agree 100%. I think I've done all types of hunting since I was 5 yrs. old and me and my brother slept in make shift tents made of cardboard in the woods back of our parents home.

I've camped by myself many, many, times. In the back of a truck, a pup tent, cabin tents, cabin, you name it I've done it. For years myself and a buddy had to go to our special deer camp by boat, staying sometimesfor two weeks and not seeing another person. More importantly, I believe there's nothing like a deer camp with buddies.

I've also camped the same way of fish camps. Also on quail hunting trips and before we had deer here where I live, we would set up camps to squirrel hunt and hog hunt.

Gotta Love It.

dog1