Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunter orange

Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Spike

Default hunter orange

How many hunters remove there orange once they get in there stand? We are allowed to remove our orange once we are so many feet off the ground, but can deer see orange like humans can? I hunted on the ground last night and I had to leave my orange on and I was worried the deer would see me. any thoughts?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunter orange

they cant see orange but if its got UV brighteners from it being washed they can you wana try and wash it with some that removes it
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'll take it off except a hat but i always wear it to and from my stand evenwhen it is bow season only. i want to make sure any other hunter sees me then second the deer seeing me
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM

i would leave in on personally. i hunt bow and gun season. here in montana bow season starts sept. 1. and goes till thanksgiving weekend. and rifle starts oct. 21. so the two are goin at the same time.. where i hunt for whitetails, others are also bow hunting and one kid always takes his orange off which scares me to death cuz if some one is hunting the brush with a slug or buck shot and u are all camo up he may not see you and you might get shot. so i would protect your butt first and then worry bout the deer seeing you.. you can't get ur big one if you 6 feet under
Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My blaze orange is my winter hunting clothing, so in other words, NO.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

i'll take it off except a hat but i always wear it to and from my stand evenwhen it is bow season only. i want to make sure any other hunter sees me then second the deer seeing me
Same here. I personally don't want anyone to see me when I'm in my stand. If they're shooting up in the trees for deer then I'm shooting back.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tut23

they cant see orange but if its got UV brighteners from it being washed they can you wana try and wash it with some that removes it
Theres no removing the effects of UV brighteners, once its done its permanent.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I put on a regular camo cap while in the tree. I hunt behind a locked gate and nobody else is suppose to be in there. When I get a new blaze orange cap if the underside of the bill is orange I will take a black magic marker or flat black paint and darken it. The reflection of the orange in my eyes tends to give me a headache.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Most of the guys I hunt with go all camo with an orange vest and orange hat.I would venture to say they swap out of those to all camo when they get set-up. I have the blaze camo outer coat and hat and camo boots & pants(or bibs if REALLY cold). I alterred my stand with a homemeade shooting rail and I wrap that with Advantage Timber camo fabric. I'll try to get a pic of it this weekend.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Not legal here, you have to wear it and it has to be visible at all times. Deer can see orange, especially blaze orange since it's UV enhanced, UV killer will take the glow off though.

Quick Reply: hunter orange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.