HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deer attack (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/21713-deer-attack.html)

WThunter 01-21-2003 12:17 PM

Deer attack

Has anyone here ever had a deer try to attack them? It happened to my Dad twice. The first time he had one charge him one after he shot it. Maybe it jsut happened to run his direction. He shot it again and it landed at his feet. He had another one charge him after he killed a buck and was standing over it. He got that one too at about ten yards.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like that?

basserman 01-21-2003 01:04 PM

RE: Deer attack

Nope not attacked at least I'm pretty sure. You reminded me of rifle season 4 years ago. We were making a drive in a pine plantation with the rows. About 3/4 of the way thru I was sent flying thru the air! A deer hit me going back thru the drive (thick pines) and my gun flew one way and I another. It nailed me in the hip. Kinda hurt too. The guy next to me came over to help me locate my gun. Boy did the boys laugh at that one.

"Semper Fi"

BobS 01-21-2003 02:03 PM

I have never seen anyone attacked by a deer. When we were pheasant hunting in Nebraska one year I saw a doe almost run over a guy in the wide open. He put his shotgun out in front of himself sideways and she almost touched it before she got stopped.

There was an instance just east of here that happened many years ago during primitive firearm deer season. Two not very bright brothers were hunting together. One shot a buck at about 30 yards and it fell. He went over to the buck and pulled his leg over and started to remove his "male organs". The buck went "baaaa" and kicked him with his hind hoof right between the eyes. Didn't hurt him too bad and they never found the buck.

kodiakhuntmaster 01-22-2003 06:27 AM

I had a deer charge me after I shot it. It hit me in the hip and knocked me down. Then he charged again. I shot him that time and he dropped at my feet. This was in very cover and we were in a small (10 yard maybe) clearing in it.

Last year my mom was charged by a little 5 point buck while she was walking from her car to her office. Her office (timber company) is a small cabin like building in the edge of some timber land and a lake. That was during the rut. She jumped on the porch just in time.

One of my buddies had a big buck charge him after he shot it. It suprized him at charged him from a very close range and would of nailed him but his antlers got caught up in some tree vines giving him time for another shot.

I was working at a summer camp a few years back, and a doe ran over a kid out in a wide open field. The doe tripped and fell on the kid after she hit him and scrammbled to get back up giving him some bruises. Not really an attack, but still.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"

Edited by - Kodiakhuntmaster on 01/22/2003 07:29:57

kodiakhuntmaster 01-22-2003 06:34 AM

There was also a guy here in Georgia a few years back that had a deer charge him while he was in his front yard. It pinned him down and the guy killed it with his belt and a 2x4. It was in the news paper and the DNR didn't even let the guy keep the deer.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"

Tazman 01-22-2003 08:27 AM

There was an older man killed years ago by a buck, a car had struck it and the old guy saw the deer stumble into a nearby barn. Well he went into the barn to see if he could help this buck, the problem was he was blocking the only escape route the buck had out of the barn and the buck gored him to death and took off. You couldn't really call this an attack though, we are talking a wounded animal cornered and fighting for his life.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Proud father of a Devil Dog

LAbushman 01-22-2003 09:18 AM

I do not know of or know anybody that has ever been attacked by a deer. I know I put in a lot of time in the woods and have a hard time seeing any deer. This is one of them problems that I want to have. It would be nice if a deer would come after me for a change. It probably would add another element to hunting for me.

WThunter 01-22-2003 10:45 AM

I have read several articles about deer attacking people. I have a picture and article of any eight point that killed someone and then stood over his body not letting anyone near it. It was a man and woman taking a walk down the road. A deputy finally shot the deer.

Last year there was a deer that wondered into some small town in South Texas and ran through a window after seeing its reflection. That made the news.:)

There was another guy from Garison in East Texas four or five years ago that had a deer attack him while he was walking to his stand. He had doe in heat scent on his boots. He wasn't hurt too badly. I don't remember if he was able to kill ot or not.

kodiakhuntmaster 01-22-2003 02:10 PM

About 2 years ago this month, an 8 point buck followed a woman into a krogers store. It ran around trashing the place until one of the bag guys caught it and duct taped it's feet together and released it back outside. It made the news here too.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"

Archeryboy11 01-22-2003 06:37 PM

I have never had anything like that happen to
me but I have heared other people have.