Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a question

Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Just a question

If you guys were leaving the woods after a long day of hunting and its just getting dark and you see a deer in some thickets about 100yds in front of your vehicle do you keep on driving or get out of your truck and shoot it? I will post more on this after some answers to tell you me and my buddys story.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a question

Shooting from the road is illegal. In other words, NO!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Is it dark? Is it a main road? Is it legal to shoot from the road in your state? Most states have a minuim distance you can shoot from a road or a vehicle. To me it depends on the circumstances. Mountain road on private property, if i could stalk him. Many hunting shows spot and stake from a vehicle. Just depends.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:11 PM

Here is what happened. We left out usual hunting grounds and we went around a curve in the road (out in the middle of nowhere all woods and gravel roads) and we see eyes in the headlights, I had already put my gun in the case and had it unloaded but my buddy had a zip-up case reached over the seat got it put in 3 shells and rested on the mirror to take a shot..first shot it missfires and the same for the second shot....3rd shot BANG and next thing you know on the other side of the road in a gully the game warden jumps out tells him to drop his gun. I nearly crapped my pants. The game wardens set up a decoy with the lighted eyes and pretty much busted him. This story is getting to long so I will cut it off now...but we will be trying out luck again in the morning.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:07 PM

So you are saying that a Game Warden put out a decoy and then hid in ditch while your buddy took a shot and then jumped out of the ditch while your buddy still had his gun out to bust him??? Was this game warden alone out in the woods in the dark away from his vehicle? Poachers have been known to kill game wardens and if it was dark, then your buddy is a poacher.
Sounds a little fishy to me and a little hard to believe that a game warden would be that careless, Anybody else ever heard of this happening?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, Ive heard of it happening but I doubt those people would be trying again in the morning.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

hahahaha, sorry for lmao but hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
In the future obey the laws and there won't be any game wardens jumping out of the ditches, hahahahaha, i bet he poo'ed, lmao.......the warden wasn't being careless.....he was doing his job....
robo deer is one of the best tools they have....robo turkey too...
Kudos go out to that officer......
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Funny how the story changed from being "just getting dark" to a full blown night hunter.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking the same thing timbercruiser.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 AM

If this is a true story your buddy is a poacher and you an accessory. You are lucky you still have guns and a truck. Game wardens do this on purpose to catch "road hunters". Looks like it works.

I think you need a new buddy, and he needs a new gun from the sounds of it, or at least it needs to be looked at. For a centerfire or shotgun to misfire twice is totally unacceptable. Maybe a muzzle loader, but not a rifle.

When do you go to court?

Paul

Quick Reply: Just a question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.