Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats the hardest kicking gun you ever shot? >

Whats the hardest kicking gun you ever shot?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the hardest kicking gun you ever shot?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the hardest kicking gun you ever shot?

Oddly enough, a winchester model 70 (black shadow) in30-06. I even posted about it on here about 6 years ago when I went by Kodiakhuntmaster. That gun just didn't fit me. I still have it, and after a little work at the "smith"it'sone of the most accurate guns I have. I hunt with aBrowning 300 win mag now andit's so well designed that it seems to kick less thansome 30-30s I've shot.

In Iraq I got to shoot a barrett 50, prone with a short bipod. It felt like my brain was trying to squeeze out of the back of my head but the recoil wasn't "sharp" it just pushed me back in the sand a few inches. I'd say the most punishing recoil I've felt was from my friend's T/C muzzleloader. I think 90% of recoil has to do with the gun's design.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

.22LR....

Somebody had to be a smart butt...and yes those new england 12's pack a punch.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

by far...my Mossberg 835 turkey gun with 3.5" Mags. Ouch.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

My father-in-law's 12 gauge break action (model unknown). He let me use it the first year I hunted, sighting it in I think I took 5 shots with it and refused to shoot it anymore that day, had a softball size bruise on my shoulder after that. Was so excited when my neighbor gave me his browning semi-auto 12 gauge to use for the second half of that season.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM

My NEF Pardner shooting 3 inch magnum slugs/NEF Deer Tracker II shooting 3 inch magnum slugs.... That is now why i have a Mossberg 500 with ported fully rifled barrel and shoot 2 3/4 Barnes expanders or SST's.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

I agree with the 12 gauge NE singe shot. It kicks like a mule.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Alot of these posts are funny-can actually see some teeth rattle as I am reading them

I gotta say my absolute worst would be the time my friend daired me to pull both triggers on his dads double 12 with slugs,will never do it again.I think my shoulder blade turned itself inside out that day,and gave myself a bloody nose .
I asked him to do the same and he refused after he seen me take a step back-Now get me a kleenex
Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 AM

I watched a friend of mine somehow catch the side of his chest in between the butt plate of his T/C 7 mag and the concrete rest he was sighting it in on. I bet if you were to ask him he would say that T/C kicked harder than anything he has ever shot. Matter of fact, he has not shot it or anything sinceand has stuck to using his bow this year. As for me,rem 870 w/ 3" mag slugs.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

50 CAL. TC Carbine with one of the huge maxi-hunter conicals and 140gr pyrodex.....lol I knew the old TC could do it.....safely. Dad had shot 150 gr. a couple of times. I did it once. It about knocked me on my a$$!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

My .300 Weatherby Mag isn't fun to shoot I'll tell you that much. Great gun just kicks my a$$ and basically every shot is spending 2 dollars.

Quick Reply: Whats the hardest kicking gun you ever shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.