Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary) >

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Keep em' commin doc. Looks like you found a really good spot. It will pay off. You've got more patience than me. I would have renamed the "Twins". By now I'd be calling them "Dinner". I admire your patience and persistance.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

I will take that as a huge compliment!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

WELL it was LATE in the fourth quarter and 4th and 10 ...but ole DD and his wifegot'er done ....after hunting 12 days in a particular area and passing on a number of small bucks then missing (choking)a very nice buck at 245 yards Thanksgiving daywe nailed this 7pt on the last day (today) in the last hour (lots of rain) not 7 miles from my house...it wasent the buck thatwe had been hunting but after spending about 100hrs in the blind over the last two weeks I decided to hunt close to home today ...and this onewill have to do..... I saw a lot of neat things in the last two weeks hunting here in Kentucky ... from my tetn blind set up next to a winter wheat field (dd is a strong beleiver in tent blinds) actually saw a nice buck (broken main beam) breed a doe not 85 yards from me ...had two turkey with 10in beards come with in 10 yards of my blind ...watched a young 8pt come across the fields then I grunted at him and he without missing a stride did a 180 and back to the woods LOL ....saw a lot of doe's 85% being imature ...I learned that I need to spend a lot more time before next hunting season on the rifle range shooting out to 300 yards ....and I will not take vaction time to hunt the first week of rifle season because the rut seems to just now be getting really hot where I was hunting and now the season is over ...I can tell you high winds and heavy rain do not bother the deer as I saw tons out in the field feeding during a heavy storm .... and even though I know there are at least two BIG bucks in the area I was hunting I never saw them during rifle season or found the first scrape so today (being the LAST day of rifle season)with all the bad weather in the area I opted to hunt close to the house and BINGO.... anyway here is a picture of the buckwe harvested ..not a monster butwe sure worked hard for him !

dd

Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 PM

WOW what a deer! Congrats!!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

NOT A MONSTER! ! thats a BIG deer! congrats doctor d I have been reading your diary for long time its interesting keep it up! o and that comment that guy left about you bein doctor dull it aint true know you didnt take it seriusly but i found your journal very interesting...once again congrats
Old 11-25-2007, 08:09 PM

hey doc i live within 40 miles from ya.i hunt crittenden county.you herd of that county.i got my biggest buck yesterday.he is a split tin with a five inch point sticking straight out the front.he is eleven points total points.here is a pic of it.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM

that looks like a very mature 7 point.that is is one nice buck.are you gonna get him mounted?i sure would
Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys ...nowe wont mount him butwe may opt to do a euro mount ... he's not the biggest we've ever shot (18 inch insidespread field dressed 173lbs)but I thinkwe worked harder for him them most anywe have ever taken in Alabama or Tennessee ....

dd
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATS Snowball on your fine buck!

dd
Old 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM

thanks doc.do you think it's a mounter or would you wait till next year to see if there some thing bigger.

Quick Reply: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.