Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary) >

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Windy and warmer here today ...got into my blind around 11.00 and set till dark ...put out my two decoys ...did not see a deer until 3.00 ....saw a few more right before dark ..two small bucks ....supposed to rain here tomorrow and Wednesday but I will be in the stand ...good thing Im not just meat hunting or I could have nailed a few doe ...but I aint going to shoot the bait !............... more tomorrow night

dd
Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 PM

good luck double d, I gotto setit out till the wifey has the baby anyday now....maybe next weekend....
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ANOTHER long azz day in the stand ..got in my blind about 5.00 and hunting until about 11.30 when the rain set in ..saw one young buck at 7.00 and nothing after that so I went to get something to eat ...returned to my blind at 2.00 ...started to rain again and fog set into the field I am hunting ....at 3.30 I saw another young buck cross the field ...then at 4.15 started to see some mature doe's ..I could only see about 100 yards do to the fog ...I did see a buck come into the field ..he chased a doe off into the fog and never saw them again ...I think the bucks are close to being ready and if the weather ever cools off I think the doe's will be ...hopefully some cooler weather Friday-Sunday .... Ill be there !

dd
Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 AM
Bartender

Double D my blood brother the cold front is coming and will be here later today in Wi.
You should see it sometime Tomorrow morning. Good Luck and you should have him by lets say
11:30 am tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Day 4 of the rifle season here in western Kentucky was non productive but interesting. The temp. when I got out of my truck and went to my blind was 62 and I did not see a deer all morning.... I had lunch in my blind and settled in for the afternoon....I have hunted this same wheat field everyday out of a tent blind and have seen a number of doe's and young bucks...with the rut right on the edge I keep thinking that with all the doe's coming into the field everyday to feed that sooner or LATER ole BIG BOY will be tagging a long ...aint happend yet....at about 2.00 it starts to get really cloudy and the wind shifts from the SW to the NW and it starts to rain and not just a little bit but a lot ... the temp. dropped 15 degrees in about an hour and it rained off and on till dark ...there were tornados a little east of me but I decided to stay put ...once the storm pushed through I started to see deer ...I can tell you that heavy rain does not shut them down ...they were in the field feeding at times when it was hard to see them for the rain ....the highwind did not bother them much ...I saw about 20 deerfrom 3.00 until dark and had to run them off when I started to go back to my truck ....I may have made a mistake investing all this time in this one field surrounded by thick woods an bordered by a creek but I know from some trail cam pics that there are a few big boys in the area ...Im just not seeing them yet ...I have to work today [:@](naturally when the temp drops) but I hope that with this cooler weather it will trigger the big bucks and I will be back in the blind tomorrow ....I can tell you that hunting Kentucky is a lot different then hunting Alabama ....until Friday evenings update good luck if your in the woods ....

dd

Old 11-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you were semi-retired...
Call your kids up and tell your quittin work and all the bills will be forwarded to them.......
Then phone work up em you've gone huntin and won't be back until you kill awall hanger.....
Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

another ....my decoys

Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

another ..this is ayoung buckright outside my blind

Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

another ...I have seen these two young doe's everyday ..I call them "The Twins" ...

Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

another...a doe coming into my decoys

Quick Reply: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.