Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary) >

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

You worked hard for him huh... Lets see... You sat in a blind all day for 4 days and shot a deer in a green fieldDid you have your coffe and alazyboy with ya???

You private land green field hunters kill me

And you said that this praticular green field buck was your most challenging

I've shot 18 month old does that are more of a challenge

He did you bump into chuck jones and walter parrott while you were out there

Old 12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like said already... This is the USA and money can buy you happyness... And it can also give you the means to look like a awsome deer hunter...

"looks can be deceiving"

You the man dd. You and Roger Raglin
Old 12-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Like said already... This is the USA and money can buy you happyness... And it can also give you the means to look like a awsome deer hunter...

"looks can be deceiving"

WOOEEEEEEEE MLB .....chill out Butch ...I never said it was my most challenging I saidwe worked as hard for this deer as anywe have ever taken ..... MLB do I hear just a hint of jealousy in your tone here .... just does not go well with your "MR. Longbeard" screename ..... as for hunting over a green field what difference does that make .... oh and by the way Merry Freaking Christmas to you to hoss ....tell Will Premos I said hi

dd

Old 12-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I was going to mentiondoc that you were losing your touch at generating the most posts with every thread. Last year in bama you were the HNI king. Since the move to Old Kentuck your affect has been minimal. Like all good hunters you have addapted to the new surroundings and are now right back in the saddle so to speak. 10 pages isn't bad for a late season charge. Nice to see you are baaaack Scott.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I was going to mentiondoc that you were losing your touch at generating the most posts with every thread. Last year in bama you were the HNI king. Since the move to Old Kentuck your affect has been minimal. Like all good hunters you have addapted to the new surroundings and are now right back in the saddle so to speak. 10 pages isn't bad for a late season charge. Nice to see you are baaaack Scott.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa well Frank ole buddy when your an ole veteran like me you learn to "lay low" and then strike when least expected ...Im trying to give these young wipper snappers a chance on here ....Mr Longbeard took a shot but he just has no idea he's messing with the King .... anyway hows your season going?

dd
Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Not too bad so far Scott. I got a decent bull elk in Colorado on a DIY elk hunt with 2 of my best buds. We went 2 for 3 andcould have all scored but one 6X6 ducked back into the dark timber before we could administer some lead poisoning. I got an 8 here on the Island after spending 4 days at my camp a couple of hours awayand only seeing one deer which was another 8 and I missed. I just returned from southern Ohio near the Kentucky border. We were hunting some private land and the request was that we limit our bucks to 125" or more to promote future trophy hunting. I saw about 10 deer on an average each day while still hunting and passed on a decent 8 that probably wouldn't have made the cut off but was close. We saw 2 booners that week but couldn't get a crack at either one. EHD is taking quite a few there and I hope next year they don't have that happen. The land was really beautiful to hunt and we had access to an amazing chunk of land that was thousands of rugged acres. It probably was a one time deal but we are hopeful that we can get back there again since wemade some local friends. ML season is going on now in Vt and I will probably get out there tomorrow as soon as I get all my gear put away from Ohio and catch up around here. We have about a foot of snow and the deer are gathering for the winter so tracking will work out well. A couple of weeks from now I'll be in the beginning of my true passion ice fishing which will keep me pretty busy every day until April.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it sounds like you have had a real productive hunting season ...Ive never Elk hunted but sure would like to try it before I go on to that happy hunting ground in the sky .... M/L opens here this weekend for 9 days ....as for ice fishing your a better man then me Gunga Din if you can stand that cold LOL ..... keep the forum informed on your hunting season ole buddy!

dd

Old 12-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

"looks can be deceiving"

WOOEEEEEEEE MLB .....chill out Butch ...I never said it was my most challanging I saidwe worked as hard for this deer as anywe have ever taken ..... MLB do I hear just a hint of jeliously in your tone here .... just does not go well with your "MR. Longbeard" screename ..... as for hunting over a green field what difference does that make .... oh and by the way Merry Freaking Christmas to you to hoss ....tell Will Premos I said hi

dd

Ummmmmm, Did you mean jealousy? Because I have no idea what jeliousy is... And i think you meant challenging..?Oh, and its Will Primos with an "I" You must be gettin senile at your old age..
Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Let me speak for the good doc since he and I are close to the same advanced age. If there was a spelling error it wasn't due to senility but rather loss of acute eyesight due to all we have seen. There are only so many pictures the eye can handle before it starts to wear out. In my case I had Lasik and can now see the forest for the trees as well as anyone on the planet. I am sure the good doc had bleary eyes from that high speed Harley ride he just took. Windshields are for woosies and he is the kind of guy to tough it out.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

CI thank you , thank you very muchmy friend for fadding the heat for ole dd .... your right I just cant see well enough to type sometimes BUT I can see well enough to take those BIG AZZ bucks as for spelling jealousy wrong I suppose its because Ive never had to use the word ...not a flaw of my charactor ..but thank you for correcting me.

dd

Quick Reply: Doctor Deaths first season in Kentucky (hunting diary)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.