Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lady Killed Albino Deer

Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lady Killed Albino Deer

I agree with the majority. They are from a rare gene, not a rare breed! Most of them don't survive to mature age or trophy size because they are easy prey for predators. I can't understand why some states protect them! If its legal, shoot them if you want, watch them if you don't want to shoot them. Me, I'm gonna shoot!
BTW, few deer, of any color live to be 10 yrs. old, and the albino's and piebalds do not necesarily pass the gene along to the next generation anyway!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

With the few deer that is in this area up here, we have been seeing more piebalds showing up in the last few years. I think as the herd rebuilds that will change as well. I am guessing the reason is because of coyotes wiping a lot of deer out during winter months allowing the piebald and albino deer genes to pass on. But, it doesn't matter I would still shoot it..They all taste the same..
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wipe them out, they are flawed and should be culled.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

Wipe them out, they are flawed and should be culled.
Agreed.....Albino's genetically week.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 AM

Meat is meat.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Spike

it is a legal buck 6 pts if they are not protected shoot it yummmmieeeee .. my problem with it was lady not sure she has room for a trophy gonna see if Cabelas want to BUY!!!!!!not have display for the educational value but BUY... hunting has a bad enough rep now we kill stuff to sell to the chain stores great .....
Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I here what you are saying, I also think if I had shot it I would have tried to get a full body mount done. I most likely would display it for a while but, when I have done enough with it I would probaly put it up for auction on e-bay or something..
Old 11-09-2007, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Personally, if I saw an albino or piebald deer, I would let it walk, kinda interesting.I would snap a pic and call it good.I realize they are not rare or special and more just a freak of nature and that typically, they dont live very long anyhow.... but I dont see anything wrong with what she did. It fell under the legal guidleines to hunting in her state. The PETA people need to back off. Simple as that.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I would have to disagree with you fellas. I have had one behind my house for over 10yrs. One the coolest things I have ever seen. She is unbelievable to watch and how she interacts with other deer. They are one in a million and we should treat them that way."

True albinos are not as rare as some may think. Statistically speaking there are 1/30,000 not even close to1/1,000,000.True albinos have pink eyes because the bloodvessels show through the iris part of the eye.

IMO, unless they are protected, albinos should be culled from the herd. For those that decide not to shoot them, well good luck to you. That's certainly your right and I can understand (not agree) with that decision.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A deer is a deer is a deer is a deer

Quick Reply: Lady Killed Albino Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.