Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

relieving ones self

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM

Default RE: relieving ones self

I always thought that If I pee in the woods I might as well hang it up for the day,but just a week ago I was getting ready to leave the woods and had to go real bad.About the time I got my pants zipped I heard something walking in the leaves.It was 2 deer and they walked within 20 yds of me and had no idea I was even there,that is untill I let an arrow fly and missed and hit my truck!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM

hey guys I'm new to the forum but yes urinating in the woods doesn't bother the deer. Urine is made up of ammonia so when all the chemicals break down all that is left is ammonia.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that I am going to e wearing depends when I get older because when I get the feeling I have to go. I pee 3 times before lunch and usually 3 times after lunch and I do not think that it has bothered the deer at all. I have killed deer off of the ground and out of a treestand that I had peed near.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:08 AM

Inever used to pee in the area of my stand, but now if I gotta go, I just pee right off the stand. I figure its better than squirming around up there.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: cliffbama

I always thought that If I pee in the woods I might as well hang it up for the day,but just a week ago I was getting ready to leave the woods and had to go real bad.About the time I got my pants zipped I heard something walking in the leaves.It was 2 deer and they walked within 20 yds of me and had no idea I was even there,that is untill I let an arrow fly and missed and hit my truck!
How did you explain that one to the old lady?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:54 AM

I just don’t drink anything in the mornings except for 1 red bull. I stopped drinking coffee before a hunt because of the large volume of liquid. It’s not that I’m worried so much about scent … I just hate having to take a leak after I’m all setup in the popup blind or tree stand. There’s lots of movement and noise no matter how you do it. Plus with my luck that would be when the big buck decides to walk by and as the old saying goes … I would be caught with my pants down.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: jkelly

ORIGINAL: cliffbama

How did you explain that one to the old lady?
TheARROW HIT MY BUMPER,NO DAMAGE!!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 PM

I personally never had a deer get spooked from it.. all of these replies are different and it doesn't seem like it bothers them.. so go with what best works for you.. for me if i gotta go i go on the ground. don't feel like carrying my pee or a jug with me all the time
Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM

after all of these pisser's advice.... If your still not comfortable peeing in the woods. Do like me, I bring a gallon ziploc freezer bag with me. I pack my lunch in it, and when I'm done eating, I've got an empty bag to piss in. Won't leak either, even in my Pouch. (use the one with the zipper...)