Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting back into the groove of deer season...

Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Getting back into the groove of deer season...

Nice to have another Nebraskan here. I also hunt around the Platte river and have been seeing a lot of big bucks lately. They are already chasing does which should make them a little easier to get. I agree with the shooting sticks idea, but if that doesn't work, just use what nature gave to you...use a nice big tree that you can prop up against as a rest. That has always worked for me. If you are hunting any area like I have, there are lots of trees and open fields. Be in the field at about 3:00 on Saturday, if not before, scent free and you should be fine. Keep us posted.

Good luck!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: Getting back into the groove of deer season...

Already planningto be out Saturday around 2-3, leaving straight from work. Between working here, working at the bar both Friday and Saturday night and hunting, I figure I'm going to manage getting 10 hours of sleep this weekend! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Good to hear the big guys are after the does, brings my hopes up even more! I'll be sure to check in and let you all know how it goes!