Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should I believe this?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Default RE: Should I believe this?

Hey guys, the guy who invented this stuff lives about 30 miles from tha town I live in, I dont know him or how this stuff works, but Ive seen some advertising on it. Im pretty sure hes a member on this site now too. If Im not mistaken his user name is N2Design. Let me check it out, you guys should get him on this post to answer some questions on it.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm am definitely calling B.S. on this one. Deer do not see in color. They have eyesight more closely relatedto a dog (shades of grey). Personally I not falling for that U.V. stuff either! I wouldn't waste my money, just go to wal-mart (or somewhere) and pick up one of those cheapo's for like $1.50.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 AM

Please Google "dichromatic vision in deer" and see for yourself what scientists have proven regarding deer and other dichromats vision. You can also look at our patent at http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL& p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=540976 0.PN.&OS=PN/5409760&RS=PN/5409760

Vision researchers (including the ones who developed the technology behind Covert Orange) have proven deer see hunter orange as a shade of yellow. By mixing hunter orange with high-intensity UV dye (which deer see very well) it is like mixing two colors of paint the create a third (gray) color.

We realized we would be opening a can of worms when we released this product due to the unsubstantiated beliefs and traditions held by many hunters regarding deer and elk vision. If you choose to ignore theempiricle evidencebehind the technology, that is your right.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't agree that deer see blaze orange as bright yellow, they can see orange quite well according to the chart below, the trouble with blaze is it's UV reflectivity which creates a glow. Ordinary blaze sprayed with a UV killer will look like just another patch of orange in a view filled with yellow and orange to them. I'd save my money.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wowitis a wonder our fathers and grandfathers ever killed any deer without this stuff
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel that wearing blaze orange especially in snow makes you blend right in. I have been picked out wearing it in the fall woods but never when snow is covering the ground. The safety it gives to make one visible to other hunters with or without snow is a slam dunk.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM

A deer's vision is it's weakest line of defense. All you have to do is remain still, spot the deer before it knows you're there,move very slowly and only when it is moving or looking away.

Millions of deer get shot every year by hunters wearing conventional blaze orange. This new product may give you a very slight advantage, but is it worth the cost, and could you gain more of an advantage by improving your hunting skills instead?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

SPAM
Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I've had deer walk with in 25 yds of me look my direction and then continue on. AND I WAS WEARING BLAZE FROM HEAD TO TOE!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I heard a few years backthat deer saw blaze as blue and someone wanted to change the safety color to hot pink. i read it in Outdoor Life. Well if it stands out that much deer are pretty stupid becasue there are a lot of folks wearing it and killing deer.

Look at the folks killing deer and do what they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.