Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Personal Field Diary

Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 AM

Default My Personal Field Diary

Stole this idea from another member. Not entertaining but goood for my own use.

Feb. 3, 2007
Chickahominy WMA

Got here around 545 which is a little late. My 2 prime spots were taken. Decided to go to a new spot 100 yds behind back field. I walked up on a guy but he whistled and waved and i turned the other way out of respect. Good for me though that turn put me on a sweet intersection of 3 heavily trafficed deer trails. Im about 100 yds off the edge of the field into the woods. Sitting in white oak over a small feeder creek thats headed to the river about 400yds downhill. Lots of acorns. Its about 63 deg. and winds of 10-15mph gusting every 1 to 2 min. Gonna be a tough day. Brought a lunch and sittin tight till about 5pm. No sightings yet as of now....
Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 AM

Default RE: My Personal Field Diary

lot of time left...something is sure too walk by..good luck>!!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Default RE: My Personal Field Diary

wasnt able to post again that day but sat through lunch and hadn't heard a thing. Finally the wind stopped for about 5min. and I hear a trot behind me, next thing you know there's a big-bodied mature 8 point walkig under my stand!!!! His coat faded up to a blackish color and his rack was blackish as well. He walked to the edge of the hill, stopped, didn't quarter to me and then hopped out of sight. No shot presented itself. But I did learn to stay put ad I will be back to this spot.