Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

got a question

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Default got a question

ok. so im hunting in my stand on my landi shoot a buck and it runs about 50 yards onto someone elses property limping bad and bleeding bad. that other person shoots it to finish it off. whos deer should it be?

[/align]
Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: got a question

Hate to say it, but IMHO it is the other persons deer.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Got me but I do know the other guy is a d.i.c.k
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: greatwhithunter

ok. so im hunting in my stand on my landi shoot a buck and it runs about 50 yards onto someone elses property limping bad and bleeding bad. that other person shoots it to finish it off. whos deer should it be?

[/align]
Depends on him I guess, me personaly, I might "finish it off", but I'd let you have it because I don't want "sloppy seconds".
Old 11-02-2007, 10:55 PM

The person that shoots it first should get itthats the way all of us in Iowa do it. That other guy seems to be an *#$.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 PM

So who ended up getting it?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 PM

umm, if that guy cant hear a shot that you took 50 yrd away and then all a sudden a deer comes running his way, he should have (youd think) enough brains to think about what is going on here and wait, if it was me in your situation, i would take the deer , it is not his, and if he some how persists that he shot it, then gut and skin it right there and show him that there is two shots in it and ask him how two shots got in it when he only shot once??? and of course if that doesnt work well then i quess there will be a little fisty cuffs going on. thats my take on it
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: ir655

So who ended up getting it?
unfortunately he did. i was only 15 at the time and for some reason my dad decided it was best if the other guy just took it. the more i think about it the madder i get and the more i think i should have just loaded it up on the fourwheeler and drove off.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:00 AM

That's pretty messed up, I thought you were allowed to retrieve wounded animals on adjoining properties if they wondered off that way...guess not eh?

Don't think about it too much, there are going to be plenty of opportunities and better deer. He will get what's coming for him, Karma baby!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunately people don't have very good ethics anymore! Yoy know it i know it and he know's it that the deer should of been yours! The only way i would say no that it wasn't yours would be if you grazed the deer and didn't hit it very hard! People are greety as hell these days, its a shame being you were as young as you were and some adult shows that kind of authority over a youngperson like yourself! I've had 6 to 7 wounded deer come through my woods and the land owners contacted me and i went with them so they wouldn't shoot anything else to recover and or finish off there deer. Its a question of ethics and alot of people don't have a drop of them!

Quick Reply: got a question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.