Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Does paying $99.95 for a blow-up doll in camo bra and panties to keep me company in the deer stand qualify as extravagant? [8D] ..

Yes, because I know where you can get the same doll for $75.00...
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, but does yours have the flexible trigger finger feature
Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM

Jees you could go out and get a decent 4-weeler for that money.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 AM

I'll go with "to each his own". If he had the money and he obviously did, how he spends it is his concern. I'm not in his league by any stretch of the imagination. I renew my stuff by asking for gift certifcates for Xmas. Heck some of these expensive rifles people buy makes me wonder! I'd be afraid to carry one into the woods for fear of damaging the stock against a tree. But if it makes them feel like they're better hunters because of it, so be it.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I prefer Horse and Buggy, stone arrowheads and flintlock (harvest my own flint). LOL!! I say if you want to buy it buy it, if you don't, don't. That's whats great about the USA, we can all do as we please within the law!! I've definately wasted some money throughout the years but heck I love to hunt and don't spend much on other hobbies. I always said hunters are the most gullable, if you can come up with a new idea you'd be a millionaire because everyone just has to have it!!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM

he should have put deposit down on a mail-order buck while he was at it. I would love to have all that gear but i buy the most i can afford and scentlok is not in the budget. I do buy a nice bottle of scent cover spray!! $4.95......
Old 11-03-2007, 12:46 PM

Just think how good he'll look in all that new camo though, I'm sure the deer will be very impressed, especially if he leaves the tags on.

Whether it's hunting, fishing, golf or whatever, you always have the yahoos that are more interested in the gear than the sport. But on the other hand, if he's got the dough, why not be well outfitted.

For the record, I try to keep my clothes as scent free as possible, but I think the carbon suits are a gimmick. Hunt the wind.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I spend (have spent) a good chunk of money on hunting apparel. I dont' buy into scent-lok stuff because I don't think it works or is necessary. The only scent lok stuff I own is if I happen to like the garment pattern or fit and there is nothing similar to it without being branded "scent - lok". Most of my expenses in hunting clothes relates to the changing of the seasons here in NY. I have different clothing to satisfy early bowseason in Octoberwhere it could be 50-70 degrees to late archery in December where it could be -20 to 10 degrees. Most of my clothing is for the later. When I'm in the woods for 6-10 hours a day and the woods become my home for 3 months a year, I like to be comfortable.

All we have here is someone who has plenty of money and wants to invest in high-cost hunting apparrel.
What is wrong with that?

Plus, we should appreciate the fact that he is a fellow hunter.
Yet another post with words of wisdom from Jimmy S. I find it funny how people automatically associate someone that spends a lot of money on hunting stuff as not knowing how to hunt or needing to buy all that stuff to be able to kill a deer. Nobody knows this fella from a bag of beans. How do you know he's not the most skilled hunter among us?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeez, you don't have to buy something thats that much... All you need is a little shopping around. I got my gun deer stuff for about 70 dollars. I found a very warm blaze orange winter suit, for like, 70% off. Got a nice hat for 15 too. Just gotta look at Gander Mountain.

Im also using my dads 30-06. After 20 years it shoots very nicely, and is a beautiful gun.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I spent 100 dollars on shooting and hunting supplies. Gonna wash the clothes in baking soda and use the ole carhard jacket and long johns. Been workin like that for me for 10 yrs now. Not gonna change.

I figure I'll prolly break it down like this:

Hunting supplies and shooting supplies: $100
General Hunting and Fishing License $27
Firearms deer license: $24
Muzzleloader Season Deer License: $24
Extra Antlerless Deer Tag: $24

Quick Reply: Have we gotten out of control?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.