Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what deer hunting is morphing into ? >

what deer hunting is morphing into ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what deer hunting is morphing into ?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: what deer hunting is morphing into ?

Well, based on what i sometimes read on here lots of times, the trend toward deer farming is pretty widespread anyway.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 AM

That's pretty sad and it's also the type of thing that fuels the anti-hunters hatred for the sport.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 AM

It looks to me like they provide the genetics and what you do with it is up to the consumer. I don't like the idea of someone killing a domestic animal in a pen and calling it hunting, but I'm not sure that's what these folks are about. I emailed them for info to find out for myself. Worst case scenario I have to add them to my spam filter. Those were some freaky looking deer!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned

the "problem" isn't really those breeding the deer guys ........ the problem is that hunters, people in YOUR ranks of sportsman, are paying a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ for these deer

I tell you guys who pay for these bucks are NOT hunters, they are NOT sportsman, and I for one do not want to be affiliated with them in any way, shape or form
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM

What worries me is the idiot that goes out during the rut and tries to artifically inseminate some does with some of that super semen to get "big bucks" on his properity. Thats a scary thought
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tell you guys who pay for these bucks are NOT hunters, they are NOT sportsman, and I for one do not want to be affiliated with them in any way, shape or form
I agree 100%! These kind of things are happening because way too many hunters are becoming obsessed with antlers. Hunting is no longer a simple, enjoyable pastime that could also provide some meat for the table. I hear novice hunters talk about how they are holding out for that 140" buck and such. This is nuts! They maybe have a deer or two under their belts and now they think they are supermen holding out for the type of bucks they see shot on the TV shows. What real difference does it make other than having something to brag to your hunting friends how big a deers antlers are? Any non-hunter friend could care even less about it, and probably would have a good laugh at how stupid hunters can be in spending so much money just to shoot a deer behind a fence. It's all really pathetic, to say the least. Besides, with all these game farms, any record sized deer that is claimed to be shot in fair chase will automatically be suspect from now on. When trophies were shot years ago, we knew for sure that they weren't these genetically altered deer from game pens because such places didn't exist. These days there is no telling what some greedy hunters are capable of doing just to get their names in the P&Y or B&C record books.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aww come on Steve, wouldn't you just loooooove to have your pick from among the genetically altered and quality managed basket racks clustered around the feeder 30 yards away. I think you're just experiencing big rack envy[]
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you're just experiencing big rack envy
Yeah, that's the typical accusation when some of us speak out against this stuff. I can honestly tell you that I would be more impressed with the guy showing me the rack of his button buck shot in fair chase, than a hunter showing me the biggest deer shot behind any fence. It just drives me crazy when everything involving deer hunting these days seems to come down to how much the deer measures. It's not only the TV shows that have gone happy with this stuff either. As you can see on sites like these, plenty of average hunters out there seem to care for little else other than how big the antlers are. I know many hunters don't want to admit it, but the reality of most trophy hunting is that it's nothing more than a way to boost ones ego and a way to have something to brag about to others of the same frame of mind. I can understand the guys who want to try to shoot a buck a bit bigger than the one they had gotten before. That is fine, and this doesn't necessary make him a trophy crazed hunter. But for most others it's nothing more than a contest of who has the biggest weener. And with the advent of these game farms it is very clear that many of these same people are real anxious to get it at any cost!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

These people would not have a job if there wasnt a demand. So I blame the idiots that are to lazy to put some effort into hunting and take pride for what they accomplish.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 PM

The promo video was strange too. I don't understand what their buisnesshas to do with JESUS. I guess they are trying to use his name to make money or something.

Quick Reply: what deer hunting is morphing into ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.