Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground blind seat

Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Ground blind seat

For those of us that use ground blinds or large tree stands, what seats do you use and are they comfortable to sit in for hours at a time?
I have yet to find one that works great, some are comfortable but i cant position myself without making noise or being too low to the ground. Others, like that little tri-pod seat thing, are as uncomfortable as they look [:@].
Old 10-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Default RE: Ground blind seat

Just take a little shovel into the woods with you, and make a seat out of earth. Dig a hole where your feet will be, and pile the earth where you will sit. Just dig and pile until you get the right height. Then bring a little cusion with you when you go hunting if it's wet or cold.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

my grandpa uses one of those folding chairs for his ground blind! you can get them anywhere now, Dicks sporting goods, bass pro, cabelas, you can get them with sports logos, camo, or whatever you want really! and there only like $19.99! i think you can even get them at walmart to!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM

I use one of those fold up chairs from walmart too, only problem is fighting the z monster...especially after I prop my feet up on my bag
Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

i use a bucket
Old 10-30-2007, 11:02 AM

I use the “Camo Swivel Rest Stool” from BassPro. It is very uncomfortable by itself but I put a cushion on it. I like it because I can turn 360 degrees without making noise. This way I have access to every window of my portable ground blind. All of the other stools/buckets I’ve seen make a lot of noise. It also folds up small enough to put in the side of my backpack.

I did have a problem with this stool last year though. It was about 8 degrees outside and the plastic part of the stool got weak and broke and it left me laying on my back in the snow. I took it in to the store and they replaced it for free.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

doesnt your back start to hurt with no suport for the back, and sitting out there for 12 hours at a time? i need a back on mine!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 AM

I do have to switch from leaning forward with feet in to leaning back with feet out. I'm good for about 4 hours this way before I have to get up and stretch. It's a trade outI guess, I would rather be mobile then comfortable.

Those huge permanent tower blinds with big cushiony chairs I saw them Texas fellas using were very nice. That’s just not an option for me and my hunting opportunities though.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

For the last 2 years I have hunted out of the pop up ground blinds. A seat was always the problem. I tried the bag chairs and they were comfortable, but I couldn't move freely in them to shoot from every side of the blind. Then I tried a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down and that wasn't comfortable. I am rather tall so I used 2 stacked 5 gallon buckets with a swivel top on the top bucket.

This year I made a portable wooden blind and for a seat, I also made a 40 inch long bench to sit on. This way I can move back/forth on the bench and not make noise and I made it the right height to be comfortable sitting.

In my portable blinds I also place a shooting rest at each window.....that rest is an old realtor "House For Sale" frame. It's perfect. You can sink it in the ground, and place your gun on top of it as a gun rest!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 AM

I got the "Stoney Point" shooting stick. It is also adjust so it works well in the pop-up blind or while stalking.

Quick Reply: Ground blind seat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.