Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's about that time...

Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default It's about that time...

Well, I just helped my cousin zero in his rifle (Savage 111 in .270 cal) while confirming my zero (dead on at 100 yards as it has been for the last 7 years). Missouri rifle season opens in 2 weeks and I'm definately getting fired up. I find myself having a hard time concentrating at work and school and I'm constantly checking out the woodlines as I'm driving around town (especially at dawn and dusk). And to top it off, my uncle just got back from hunting turkey on my fam's land and said he saw several large shooter bucks. Man I love this time of year!

I just have one thing I'm pondering and that is whether I should try and use doe-in-estrous scent or not. I know that it will be pretty close to the peak of the rut on opening morning (Nov 10th) and that means it should be the most effective time to use this type of scent, if I'm going to use it at all. However, I've never had any luck using the stuff BUT I've never used anything but tink's. What do you all think, should I spend $36on some code bluedoe-in-estrous urine, or should I save my money?What other rut period tactics do you all use?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's about that time...

Thats all my brother uses, is tinks! he used it for the first year last year and harvested 2 nice bucks! me i just sit and wait, i dont use any scents at all! I spent three hours at Dicks sporting goods right here by my school i was so pumped! i cant wait, im counting the hours!!!! (overkill i know)
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Default RE: It's about that time...

It will be here before you know it? Well its here in some parts of the country.